You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Auto adjustments in Develop Persona

Why are there no auto adjustments in the Develop Persona in AP?

Also, I am running Mac OS Mojave and AP 1.7.2 and when i hit any of the 4 auto adjustment buttons in the Photo Persona there is no change in photos.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for any help.

• Staff

Thank you for the information, I have tested sample files from both cameras and for me all of the auto adjustments are working correctly. can you please take a screen recording with the Histogram and history studio's showing of this issue on your Mac

There is a question unanswered and it would be my question too.

9 hours ago, rag664 said:

Why are there no auto adjustments in the Develop Persona in AP?

With my Canon EOS 5D Mark III (Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM) Auto White Balance is doing nothing - no change in Histogram. I am using Windows 10.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Hello DWright,

The auto adjustments do work for me in the Photo Persona and I did find the white balance button in the Develop persona.

I was just wondering if there was one auto button for the basic settings (exposure, contrast, etc) to check as a starting point in the Develop persona. Allowing me to tweak settings or reset if I didn't like the results before heading into the Photo persona.  Similar to the Auto/Default buttons in Adobe Camera Raw. Hope that makes sense.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Bob

• 1 year later...

Awesome that this thread is over a year old, there's no solution, and it seems there is still no Auto button in the Develop Persona to set a starting point to work from. Seems like it should be obvious, but if it's there, I can't find it. I have some images I need to work on that were shot poorly and an auto option is an extremely useful time saver. I'm very surprised all that work went into the Develop persona but they never went that last little extra step. And i realize I'm being aggressively frustrated, because it's super frustrating when companies miss such obvious things. Especially more than a year after at least one person was looking for it. Surely we aren't the only few people to ever have asked about this.

2 hours ago, Durghan said:

Awesome that this thread is over a year old, there's no solution, and it seems there is still no Auto button in the Develop Persona to set a starting point to work from. Seems like it should be obvious, but if it's there, I can't find it. I have some images I need to work on that were shot poorly and an auto option is an extremely useful time saver. I'm very surprised all that work went into the Develop persona but they never went that last little extra step. And i realize I'm being aggressively frustrated, because it's super frustrating when companies miss such obvious things. Especially more than a year after at least one person was looking for it. Surely we aren't the only few people to ever have asked about this.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

As you're new here, you may not yet have noticed that the forum has an area for questions (where this is posted), and for feature requests, where one can ask for enhancements. (And areas for reporting potential bugs, of course.)

To know whether it has been requested as an enhancement you need to look in the Feature Requests section of the forums.

Even if it has been requested, there are thousands of requests made, and Serif must prioritize them. Most requests take far longer than 1 year, assuming they are ever implemented (and not all will be impemented).

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1