meitnik

importing/pasting from Photoshop vector path with layer effects (glow stuff) into AD

I have made a closed vector path in Photoshop. Applied an inner glow to the path. I can copy the path as SVG and paste into AD. The path gets pasted but not the effect applied to it. So...what tricks are there, if any, how to preserve vector layer effects when importing/pasting from Photoshop. Thanks

AHHH, if saved as a PSD file, at least the glow effects get parsed....off to experiment more; however, a detailed list of which layer effects on paths do get parsed when opening a PSD would be helpful. Thanks

Hi meitnik :)

I don't believe any of the PS FX , such as inner glow, are SVG compatible - which is why you're not seeing the effect when copy and pasting an SVG.

I've just created a test PS document with a rectangle for each of the FX that PS offer, the following imported into Affinity and were fully editable -

Bevel & Emboss
Stroke
Inner Shadow
Inner Glow
Colour Overlay
Outer Glow (provided a gradient is not used)
Drop Shadow

The following were not imported into Affinity and would require rasterisation in PS before opening the PSD  -

Advanced Blend Modes
Satin
Pattern Overlay

I hope this helps!