You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo & Designer not starting

So I updated Affinity Photo and Designer a few weeks ago and everythings was fine. The last week I didnt use them, then yesterday I tried starting them and nothing happend. When looking into taskamanager Designer/Photo appears for a few seconds as a background process and disappiers again. I then tried repairing, reinstalling 1.72 and installing an older version(1.71), the results where the same every time - nothing happend accept the little loading circle obove the cursor showing up.

To make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong I set up a VM and installed Designer 1.72 with the same file I used on my real maschine and it worked. I tried copying over every directory with Affinity in it's name on to my real maschine hoping one of them was missing or had not been deleted with uninstalling the program and nothing changed.

I really have no idea why the applications aren't starting up anymore, also no idea how this could be fixed else then reinstalling Windows, I really hope there is a better solution out there.

Thanks for any help!

Down

explorer_2019-09-11_20-24-07.png

Taskmgr_2019-09-11_20-24-46.png

Edited by DoubleDown

• Staff
  1. Use this Microsoft app to make sure the app is fully uninstalled from your system, then do a reboot of Windows.
  2. Make sure Windows is fully upto date with available Windows updates, if any are downloaded and installed, do a reboot of Windows after
  3. Right click the .exe file and select ‘Run as Administrator’
  4. If the app install completes but the app still doesn't open, try turning off AV/Firewall software. On occasion these can block an app opening, if they do check if they have an allow list.

20 hours ago, DoubleDown said:

Had to uninstall a few more updates but now it's working!

Specifying which updates you uninstalled may help others in the near future

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.