You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Issue with dock swipe up within Affinity on iPad Pro

Hello, 

I’ve been having a issue within Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo, when working on a project and I need to swipe up from the button to activate the dock a single swipe will not open it and I normaly have to swipe 2 or more times. Is there anyway to fix this so I can do a single swipe up like any other app?

This is with Affinity on the late 2018 iPad Pro 12.9 modle (the one without the home button)

There are times where. I can single swipe up and it seems to happen depending on the colour of the dock bar indercator, white means I can swipe up with a single swipe and sometimes the bar will go a gray meaning I have to swipe a couple of times.

Anyone else having this issue?

Thank yo for your time, and I hope you have a great day.

Andrew

c14a84770b0aac1bd123b13fbd7e3f16.png            Andrew Salfinger
Made by Campfire - Graphic Designer 

W: www.madebycampfire.com
E: hello@madebycampfire.com
T: https://twitter.com/madebycampfire

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is intentional, Procreate does exactly the same thing.

One swipe up activates the bar (you can see it change a bit) then the second swipe allows it to be used. I actually hate this function as well, especially in procreate. Every time i swipe up to switch apps in ProC, i get a long drawn line up the screen that i have to undo, it's mindbendlingly annoying.

I don't notice it in AfDesigner since vector tools don't act like pro-create tools (ie. no brush swipes to undo), but most of us swipe up with purpose, the double swipe is kind of annoying. 

Art director by day, illustrator by night: Check Out My Shutterstock Gallery

Upon further research, looks like i was right. #tootmyownhorn 

Looks like ProCreate is being hard headed about it. They should listen to their users over following guidelines which are obviously not well implemented. 

https://procreate.art/discussions/3/6/27331

Art director by day, illustrator by night: Check Out My Shutterstock Gallery

• 7 months later...

Yeah its really annoying when trying to use "slide over" to help with placing and saving from Affinity to the files app for example. I understand the reason why they did it, so you don't close the app while working on it but it results in making it hard to multitask on the project, they would maybe add a toggle for this? But it is still kinda annoying.!!!!

c14a84770b0aac1bd123b13fbd7e3f16.png            Andrew Salfinger
Made by Campfire - Graphic Designer 

W: www.madebycampfire.com
E: hello@madebycampfire.com
T: https://twitter.com/madebycampfire

• 11 months later...

I’m having this issue when I’m on the Designer or Photo startup screen showing all files and projects. To leave either app I have to scroll past all the files (which takes a couple seconds) and then when I hit the bottom it takes another several seconds of swiping up until it registers that I want to swipe up the dock/go to the Home Screen. The bar changes from grey to white when it finally lets me swipe up. I’m using Designer 1.9.9 and Photo 1.9.2.236 and using a 3rd-gen iPad Pro 12.9” with iPadOS 14.4.2.