Forssux

Photo 1.7.2 won't start installation Windows 10 64bit

Hi there,

After update from 1.7.0 

Just as in the previous version I can't start Affinity Photo 1.7.2.
I did Control Panel > Uninstall a Program > Turn Windows Features on or off turned  .NET 3.5 off but this didn't help.
Repair doesn't help 
Uninstall, Reboot install doesn't help
Using the MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcab didn't help.

I included a install log.

Hope to hear from you with a solution

Regards,
Guy Forssman

MSIb0b1a.LOG

If the install is still failing then can you check this location for me:
%temp%/AffinitySetup

To get to that location, call up the Run box by holding down the Windows key and tapping the letter R. Copy and paste the above path into the run box and click okay. That should open a folder, which should contain at least 1 other folder. If there are more than one, find the latest one and open the folder, you should see 2 log files, setup.log and setui.log if you can email or PM both of those over to me, I'll be able to advise further.

The other log file shows the install was successful so I would like the other to compare.

On 9/12/2019 at 10:51 AM, Lee D said:
If the install is still failing then can you check this location for me:
%temp%/AffinitySetup

To get to that location, call up the Run box by holding down the Windows key and tapping the letter R. Copy and paste the above path into the run box and click okay. That should open a folder, which should contain at least 1 other folder. If there are more than one, find the latest one and open the folder, you should see 2 log files, setup.log and setui.log if you can email or PM both of those over to me, I'll be able to advise further.

The other log file shows the install was successful so I would like the other to compare.

I included the first attempt and the last attempt, it seems to me that all installs where successful 

SetupUI.log

Setup.log

SetupUI.log

Setup.log

Those files show the installation was successful, what point does the app get to when opening?

Can you check the following.

- Check anti-virus isn't blocking the app

- Go to Task Manager and make sure the app isn't already running. End the task if it is and try again (run as administrator)

- Try running the app from the install location as opposed to the desktop shortcut

- Right-click the shortcut > Security - ensure you have the necessary permissions (everything should be checked in Allow)

- Check the Event Viewer for any possible crashes (look for a red circle with a cross in it) in Windows Logs > Application

On 9/17/2019 at 12:41 PM, Lee D said:

Those files show the installation was successful, what point does the app get to when opening?

Can you check the following.

- Check anti-virus isn't blocking the app

- Go to Task Manager and make sure the app isn't already running. End the task if it is and try again (run as administrator)

- Try running the app from the install location as opposed to the desktop shortcut

- Right-click the shortcut > Security - ensure you have the necessary permissions (everything should be checked in Allow)

- Check the Event Viewer for any possible crashes (look for a red circle with a cross in it) in Windows Logs > Application

Hi There, Thanks for the explanation I tried all and found a I guess for you guys familiar error...

I would like to point out that I disabled the .Net 3.5 and that didn't work neither.

image.png.18771502c0b4ed3a0a2f13c3f2bb62fe.png

image.thumb.png.42c672e22614f6572116a5ed5a791ff9.png