You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo 1.7.2 won't start installation Windows 10 64bit

Hi there,

After update from 1.7.0 

Just as in the previous version I can't start Affinity Photo 1.7.2.
I did Control Panel > Uninstall a Program > Turn Windows Features on or off turned  .NET 3.5 off but this didn't help.
Repair doesn't help 
Uninstall, Reboot install doesn't help
Using the MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcab didn't help.

I included a install log.

Hope to hear from you with a solution

Regards,
Guy Forssman

MSIb0b1a.LOG

• Staff
If the install is still failing then can you check this location for me:
%temp%/AffinitySetup

To get to that location, call up the Run box by holding down the Windows key and tapping the letter R. Copy and paste the above path into the run box and click okay. That should open a folder, which should contain at least 1 other folder. If there are more than one, find the latest one and open the folder, you should see 2 log files, setup.log and setui.log if you can email or PM both of those over to me, I'll be able to advise further.

The other log file shows the install was successful so I would like the other to compare.

On 9/12/2019 at 10:51 AM, Lee D said:
If the install is still failing then can you check this location for me:
%temp%/AffinitySetup

To get to that location, call up the Run box by holding down the Windows key and tapping the letter R. Copy and paste the above path into the run box and click okay. That should open a folder, which should contain at least 1 other folder. If there are more than one, find the latest one and open the folder, you should see 2 log files, setup.log and setui.log if you can email or PM both of those over to me, I'll be able to advise further.

The other log file shows the install was successful so I would like the other to compare.

I included the first attempt and the last attempt, it seems to me that all installs where successful 

SetupUI.log

Setup.log

SetupUI.log

Setup.log

• Staff

Those files show the installation was successful, what point does the app get to when opening?

Can you check the following.

- Check anti-virus isn't blocking the app

- Go to Task Manager and make sure the app isn't already running. End the task if it is and try again (run as administrator)

- Try running the app from the install location as opposed to the desktop shortcut

- Right-click the shortcut > Security - ensure you have the necessary permissions (everything should be checked in Allow)

- Check the Event Viewer for any possible crashes (look for a red circle with a cross in it) in Windows Logs > Application

On 9/17/2019 at 12:41 PM, Lee D said:

Those files show the installation was successful, what point does the app get to when opening?

Can you check the following.

- Check anti-virus isn't blocking the app

- Go to Task Manager and make sure the app isn't already running. End the task if it is and try again (run as administrator)

- Try running the app from the install location as opposed to the desktop shortcut

- Right-click the shortcut > Security - ensure you have the necessary permissions (everything should be checked in Allow)

- Check the Event Viewer for any possible crashes (look for a red circle with a cross in it) in Windows Logs > Application

Hi There, Thanks for the explanation I tried all and found a I guess for you guys familiar error...

I would like to point out that I disabled the .Net 3.5 and that didn't work neither.

image.png.18771502c0b4ed3a0a2f13c3f2bb62fe.png

image.thumb.png.42c672e22614f6572116a5ed5a791ff9.png

• Staff

Make sure .NET is enabled, older versions shouldn't need to be disabled. As the Event Viewer is also showing an error with .NET at the same time, you can download and install the latest .NET version and install using this link (Choose the offline installer, reboot after install) try opening Photo, if the app still doesn't open, check for the following Windows update, if it's installed, uninstall it KB4515384 and try Photo again.

If the above fails, follow the steps below to remove Affinity from your system and reinstall.

Right click the Start menu > Apps & Features and uninstall the Affinity apps, once uninstalled do a restart of Windows and check the following locations for any Affinity folders, if so please delete.

C:\Program Files

C:\Program Data (You may need to tell Windows to show hidden files, Windows Explorer > View > Options > View > Show hidden files, folders or drives click Apply)

Windows key + R (Windows Run), type in %appdata% press Enter, if you see any Affinity folder, delete.

Do another reboot of the system and then run the setup for Affinity again (Right click, run as Admin) 

10 hours ago, Lee D said:

Make sure .NET is enabled, older versions shouldn't need to be disabled. As the Event Viewer is also showing an error with .NET at the same time, you can download and install the latest .NET version and install using this link (Choose the offline installer, reboot after install) try opening Photo, if the app still doesn't open, check for the following Windows update, if it's installed, uninstall it KB4515384 and try Photo again.

If the above fails, follow the steps below to remove Affinity from your system and reinstall.

Right click the Start menu > Apps & Features and uninstall the Affinity apps, once uninstalled do a restart of Windows and check the following locations for any Affinity folders, if so please delete.

C:\Program Files

C:\Program Data (You may need to tell Windows to show hidden files, Windows Explorer > View > Options > View > Show hidden files, folders or drives click Apply)

Windows key + R (Windows Run), type in %appdata% press Enter, if you see any Affinity folder, delete.

Do another reboot of the system and then run the setup for Affinity again (Right click, run as Admin) 

Finally it works after the reinstall.. Thanks