You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Replace color (global colour) in Publisher with "one click"

Hi, I used in document a colour, the same in several obejcts. I would like to replace this colour with another one with "one click". I made this colour (old) as global and edited it but objects in my document don't change.

Could you explain me how to do it, step by step?

Dell Precision T7910, 2x Xeon E5-2630v3, 128 GB RAM DDR4, Quadro K6000, Dell UP2716D, Huion Inspiroy Q11K V2 Pen Tablet, WIN 10 PRO
Dell Precision T3640, Xeon W1290, 128 GB RAM DDR4, Quadro RTX 5000, Eizo CG319X, Huion Inspiroy Q11K V2 Pen Tablet, WIN 10 PRO FWS
-----

Graphic software: Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher - Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom Classic, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat - Zoner Photo Studio - Topaz Gigapixel Ai, Denoise Ai, Sharpen Ai

Objects A,B and C have to be coloured with the Global colour. You have to make the global colour first then apply it to the objects A,B and C otherwise they have a normal colour applied to them even though it is the same RGB/CMYK set of values in the colour..

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

So, it means I can not replace colour with one click action because I did not definied global colour before, yes? In InDesign I can select colour with the picker and replace in all objects.

I supposed I can select colour from fill of one object, define it in document pallete as global and then edit it for all object consisting of the same CMYK values.

Dell Precision T7910, 2x Xeon E5-2630v3, 128 GB RAM DDR4, Quadro K6000, Dell UP2716D, Huion Inspiroy Q11K V2 Pen Tablet, WIN 10 PRO
Dell Precision T3640, Xeon W1290, 128 GB RAM DDR4, Quadro RTX 5000, Eizo CG319X, Huion Inspiroy Q11K V2 Pen Tablet, WIN 10 PRO FWS
-----

Graphic software: Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher - Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom Classic, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat - Zoner Photo Studio - Topaz Gigapixel Ai, Denoise Ai, Sharpen Ai

• 3 weeks later...

it is worse... just Affinity has this strange model of work with color... you can not use the color imported from the object and replace it... in Affinity Designer I can not add as a global color e.g. from the selected text (although I have this option - does nothing - only when I change it to curves works), but I can add as a normal color and then change it to global... so what - if I don't change the color when I edit Global Color? I have to select and assign Global Color for each text... In Corel find-replace tool in Illustrator, you increase swatches - simple solutions... in general, if you do work from beginning to end in Affinity - it's ok, if you import something from a different format, you must torment instead of doing it in 5 min... frustrating it... and somehow you don't see it changing to some logical and convenient solution...

On 9/11/2019 at 3:35 PM, souacz said:

So, it means I can not replace colour with one click action because I did not definied global colour before, yes? In InDesign I can select colour with the picker and replace in all objects.

Correct. – Whereas in Affinity a color swatch can be global or non-global, the swatches in InDesign are always global only.
This confuses quite a few Affinity users and resulted in several threads already.

Furthermore: if you copy a colored object to another document you don't get its swatch copied, too.
If its swatch was global then its color of the copy will be announced in the Color Panel as global, too – but the color hasn't got a swatch in the other document.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• 1 month later...

It looks like you can't ... you can select all objects

image.png.0ab5fbb13b50a7414432095d7b828a63.png 

and you get a lot of "Global color 1" swatch ...

image.thumb.png.57e119596dc86bfc64de1fbee64ef28c.png

... with the same values... and I don't see any "merge" or "combine" or "swap" option... and this is the pain I wrote about earlier... you have to manually choose the black texts you want to replace, create a "Global color" or swatch with 100% K and mark the text with this color... true - that very "not easy"? 

unless there is a method I don't know - I haven't seen any tutorial on working with colors in imported artworks... in Corel - you will replace, in Illustrator - you will replace... in Affinity Designer - not - only manually...