You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Importing old brushes, text styles, swatches [Mac ONLY]

I have searched through the forum for ways to import my old items before Affinity Photo 1.7.2. I saw searching for the file raster_brushes.propcol, and somehow importing. I saw drop old. asl brushes files onto the Affinity Photo app icon. But nothing has worked. Then I heard to revert to Affinity Photo 1.7.1.

To me, it's like kicking a dead mule to get up the hill. I've spent the first year with Affinity Photo UNABLE to DRAW A STRAIGHT LINE, unless I skillfully bump+drag+shift, whatever. So I recently got that ability back, but I get the ability to import items taken away. Then try to remember that Cropping does not crop, I can't crop with outside crop disappear. I must Rasterize and Trim. The logic is unusual.

I think I have had it. I may switch back to renting Photoshop. What a disgusting time for computer graphics.

• Staff

Hi blackxacto :)

I'm sorry - I'm a little confused by your post.

8 hours ago, blackxacto said:

I saw searching for the file raster_brushes.propcol, and somehow importing.

raster_brushes.propcol is the settings file that Affinity used for the brushes that are already installed in the app - you don't need to 'import' this file at any point.

I saw drop old. asl brushes files onto the Affinity Photo app icon.

Affinity doesn't support Photoshop Style files (.ASL), my apologies.

Then I heard to revert to Affinity Photo 1.7.1.

Why do you need to revert to Photo 1.7.1 please?

I've spent the first year with Affinity Photo UNABLE to DRAW A STRAIGHT LINE, unless I skillfully bump+drag+shift, whatever

What tool are you using please?

but I get the ability to import items taken away

My apologies but I don't understand this in its context - what files are you trying to import that you could previously and cannot now?

think I have had it (...) What a disgusting time for computer graphics.

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way - I'm certain we can support you here if you wish.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!