You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Delete Blemish Removal Tool Presets?

I'm not sure what you mean by "presets" for the Blemish Removal Tool. Do you mean undo the effects of clicking or clicking/dragging with the tool? If so, click on one of those spots again and press Delete.

If not, please clarify further, perhaps with a screenshot.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Hi hburkes88,

I take it you are running Affinity Photo on MacOS and have used the Saved Preset option along the top toolbar in the Develop Persona?  If so, we don't currently have a way of deleting those presets. 

@walt.farrell This option is missing on the Windows version of Affinity Photo BUT we do have it logged with Dev to be added :)   I've attached a screenshot so you can what it should look like :) 

Screenshot 2019-09-11 at 08.43.31.png

Thanks, @stokerg. You might also mention to your documentation team that it's missing from the Help file. Even the online version which includes both Mac and Windows only indicates the Width option in the Context Toolbar:

The following settings can be adjusted from the context toolbar:

• Width—the area size in pixels. Type directly in the text box or drag the pop-up slider to set the value.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

6 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Even the online version which includes both Mac and Windows

Isn’t the online version derived from the Mac help? The keyboard shortcuts seem to suggest this.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

56 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Isn’t the online version derived from the Mac help? The keyboard shortcuts seem to suggest this.

The Online Help flags both Windows-specific and Mac-specific information. So in that regard it seems to be a merge of the Mac and Windows information.

-- Walt
PC:

Thanks, @hburkes88.

@stokerg: It's interesting that the Mac Help has that information but the online help doesn't show it. That makes it a different Help error for the documentation team than I had expected, but an error nonetheless :)

-- Walt
PC:

21 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Thanks, @stokerg. You might also mention to your documentation team that it's missing from the Help file. Even the online version which includes both Mac and Windows only indicates the Width option in the Context Toolbar:

It is correct -- but only to the extent that in the Pixel persona there is only a Width option on the context toolbar. Online, there is no mention of the other context toolbar options available only on Macs in the Develop persona, only that the tool is also available in the Develop persona.

Besides that, not only is there no option on Macs to remove a Blemish Tool preset in the Develop persona, the only thing that seems to be saved is the width, which hardly seems worthy of a preset option.

Also, unless I have misunderstood how this is supposed to work, the "Load Preset" button does not do anything -- I created 2 presets, one to set the width to 50 px & the other to set it to 12 px, but regardless of which one I select in the Blemishes popup, clicking the load button does not set the width to either of those widths, although it does remove any blemish area already set.

So this feature seems well & truly broken. :(

EDIT: I did figure out a way to remove all Blemish Removal Tool presets, but it is a hack that may have unintended consequences so it is definitely a "try at your own risk" kind of thing. What I did was watch the Photo Application Support folder in Finder when I added a preset, noting that the "develop.propcol" file's Date Modified changed when I did that, so after quitting Photo, I renamed that file to "develop.propcol.old" & restarted the app.

As expected, a new "develop.propcol" file was created, & there are no longer any items in the Blemishes popup. I deleted the "develop.propcol.old" file so now I am back to where I started.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7