You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.7.153 crashes a lot on 12.9" iPad (iOS 12.4)

GeorgeTheG

Have a large pano I stitched together and it’s about 11k x 3k in size and about 15 layers with alpha masks. I duplicated the document and merged all visible layers and deleted the rest of the layers so it’s just a single rasterized pano. I did this because the app was crashing somewhat randomly today when I came back to working on this document after a month or two hiatus from this app. Even tho I had a single layer, the app would still not cooperate when I would add basic colored triangles to the image (about 6 total) as a short hack to finish up the piece since the app was crashing so often. However the app could not handle this either and would still crash, sometimes when I was editing shapes, sometimes when I would click “back” to the document select page as a trick to get affinity to save my work. 

Each crash causes me to loose work and we all know how that feels...

• Staff

Hi GeorgeTheG,

Would you be happy to upload the panorama so we can look at it? The app should not be crashing and that resolution isn't unreasonable for a panorama either...

If you have the .afphto file prior to flattening it that would be great but if you only have the flattened version that will still be helpful. 

I've been doing a lot of panorama tests recently and haven't had any crashes so I'd quite like to figure this one out. Could you also let me know the exact model of the iPad?

Hi Chris,

I’m on the IPad Pro 12.9" 3rd generation. 64gb model with 15gb of free space

ive attached both flattened and not, as I have a pretty reliable way to repro the crash on the flattened version

1. select the move tool
  2. click on a colored triangle in the upper right of the pano
  3. Click the color tool, third down from top right corner
  4. move the CYMK slider to change color
  5. click on another triangle in the upper right part of the pano
  6. change color again
  7. click the back arrow button in the upper left corner to return to the documents screen
  8. crash

The app was working great a while back (month or two ago?) when I was editing the pano. Never had a crash until last night. 

Big_Left_Candle_Copy.afphoto