You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Issues with duplicate artboard names when exporting via export persona

I've noticed that if I have artboards with duplicate names instead of writing files with 'Image-1.png', 'image-2.png' or whatever one of the images is simply overwritten meaning one is missing from the export.

I know that the obvious solution is don't use the same names for artboards but I'm working with 100's of boards and some need to have similar names. Inadvertently I sometimes use the same one.

Designer should append a number to duplicate image names to prevent this happening.

While I'm at it, is there a way to view artboards alphabetically etc. in the layers panel?

• Staff

Hi JeffreyDriver,

The Export Persona should be doing this automatically. I've just tried it on a very simple document and it is working as it should - if you check the Slices Panel you can see that you get a warning on those same named artboards, and it will also show the automatically renamed files. See attached screenshot.

The issue you're having sounds very file specific which we will need to investigate. Are you able to attach a copy of your document you are exporting to our internal Dropbox account using the link below please?

https://www.dropbox.com/request/vE6rUjI4cLeDNs2e3y9d

With regards to sorting the Layers Panel, this is not possible due to the way the Layers Panel works. The position of an object in the Layers Panel will alter how it appears in the document and what will appear above and below it. The Export Persona panel has to mirror this due to the visiblity controls found in it, and to ensure it is easy to go between the regular one and the export persona variation.