You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

white balance / colour space / i dont know

hi all, 

i think this started happening after the latest version update

when i open a file in AP it seems warmer than what i exported from lightroom and in windows photo utility.

when i save it, after edit, it looks good on windows photo utility... so i was searching for a white balance or profile display but they all seem correct in the "color" menu.

If seems to affect display only.

everything is srgb, the colour menu in AP has the default settings.

the original is a GPR (go pro fusion) converted to jpg in lightroom.

affinity photo is always on the right side

hints?

70453670_2399128480360905_3872393426615926784_o.thumb.jpg.275f9d5cfd302ec4a3d1aad367d0427f.jpg69693352_2399123453694741_953406005826289664_o.thumb.jpg.e7730e8139031c738709db636dc48bcf.jpg

ICC profile for monitor in OS.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

• Staff

Hi herrpedro :)

Could you please open Affinity Photo Preferences>Colour and provide a screenshot of your settings here?

Do you have a custom colour profile set against your monitor through your OS?

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

Thanks for that, we've seen this happen before when there is a corruption in the display .ICM profile.

In Windows Display settings please scroll to the bottom of this page and select Advanced Display Settings, then select Display adapter properties for Display 1.

You should see a dialog open from this option, select the third tab Colour Management>Colour Management... 

Please provide a screenshot of this window, it should look as follows -

image.png

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

Thanks for that, please tick Use my settings for this device, then the Add... button. In the window that opens you should see sRGB IEC61966-2.1. Please select this option then OK.

Close this Window and relaunch Affinity - this should hopefully resolve the issue for you! :) 

Please note -

Many thanks!