Thomahawk

Option key NOT duplicate (publisher)

Publisher 1.7.2 on Mac OSX

I am often using the option key to quickly override snap (magnetic positioning) when moving objects. But just slightly hitting it to early makes it duplicate the object and that also happens all the time. I really do not ever need this duplicate function. Can I deactivate that somewhere?

Thanks

Thom

I totally agree.  I think out of the last 100 duplicates I have made using the option key, all but maybe one were followed by two undo's.  I put in a request for being able to deactivate it a few years ago.  Nothing yet.  I never figured out why we needed so many ways to duplicate something.  On one project last year it was a handy option though.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

Well, the alternative would be if there is another key to use for quickly circumvent magnetic snap. But I had not found one yet.