You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher - Document Flow

Hi,

If I have a document containing lots of different elements ( text frames, images, tables etc ) and I want to insert another table ( for example ) in to the middle of the document, do I have to move all the subsequent elements manually to make room, or can it be set up so these subsequent elements shift further down the document automatically to accommodate the new table, creating additional pages where necessary?

I hope I've explained that clearly.

I'm sure it must be possible and I'm probably overlooking something very basic - in which case some quick clarification would be greatly appreciated.

@Hilltop Thanks for the reply - I appreciate you taking the time.

Why would anyone want this behaviour? It's called a 'first draft' ;-) Unfortunately I'm not blessed with your ability to place everything perfectly and purposefully the first time.

For the benefit of others who might be reading this thread, the solution in my case involved a combination of text wrap settings ( specifically Jump ) and pinning objects to their required position within the text. Pinning is explained here :

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/tutorials/publisher/desktop/video/337296999