You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDF export transparency issue

Dear Affinity Team,
I am having an issue with transparency on a layer, which will we exported as a solid white background. In Affinity Designer itself it is shown transparent. Please open the file to get a closer look:

The artboard "Outside" shows 4 different campers. The last two of them have a similar composition. Layer with multiply overlay and layer with darker color overlay. On Export the last camper gets a white background. The others don't.

Exporting as a PNG is working perfectly, but that's not suitable for a print shop. Looking forward to hear, how to solve the issue.

Kind Regards
Tim Beck

2020 Faltblatt Vermietung Aussen.afdesign

5 hours ago, Sean P said:

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the file. I've been playing around with it and can confirm it is being caused by the (Curve) layer with an FX on it in the Fahrzeug 4 layer. I believe it is attempting to render the shadow from this with the other layers which is why they're appearing white.

Thanks for helping out with this. It worked as you described. I have to test if this happens in other occasions as well. It looks like this happens when a curved layer with an FX is on top of a layer with multiply overlay.