You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Lines, Layers and Effects from DrawPlus to Affinity Designer

Hello.

In "DrawPlusX8" using the "spiral" blank, copying it several times, combining objects and applying the Calligraphic line, I could position the object at a certain angle to get some kind of "galaxy". All the lines after applying the effects in this version are as if separately layered on each other and when turning turns out to be a 3D multilayer model. In "DrawPlusX8" there is a line view. "Calligraphic line" has the setting "Calligraphy Angle", also there are brushes that place textures vertically relative to the plane (for example, "grass"), though these brushes do not have an angle setting like "calligraphic line".

In “Affinity Designer”, having done this, I get that all the lines are mixed into a mess on one plane and the effects only aggravate it, and the brush does not have the Calligraphic Line tool with an angle setting (not by pressing or speed) and many other brushes with a similar vertical location but without adjusting the angle.

Will such features be implemented in “Affinity Designer”?

Can you help with advice on how to do it correctly in “Affinity Designer”? Maybe my actions by analogy as in "DrawPlusX8" are wrong?

Thanks a lot in advance.

I apologize for my English, the electronic translator translated.

For example, I will attach a video file in which I try to create the same “galaxy” effect from the beginning in “DrawPlusX8” and then in “Affinity Designer”.

Edited by Pauluser

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Pauluser,

Affinity Designer doesn't have some of the tools and features that you have previously used in DrawPlus X8.  You can post in the Feature Requests section of this forum for the developers to see, but It may be the case of waiting for these to be added in future updates before you can successfully reproduce your design in Designer.