You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Printing "all pages" in Publisher

visibletime

when printing directly from Publisher - just text to an Epson laser printer - only the first page is printed even though "entire document" is selected in the print range dialogue (the pages area is left blank). Current page or any page numbers or page range specified print correctly. Does this mean one has to always specify the page numbers to be printed? There seems to be no "all pages" option in the dialogue box... Exporting to PDF and printing that does not have this issue. Is there a problem with the print driver? 

Yes, possibly a printer driver (update?) issue of your specific printer or OS, rather than an AfPub bug:

At least I get a print file for all pages processed in my print queue, both with print or save/print as pdf:

1049657904_printentiredoc1.jpg.537b4ca9e3abf0f4010a94c9a781adeb.jpg   218442481_printentiredoc2.jpg.ecf05a72c0f39517b0336e227e152a84.jpg

Also I can scroll through all pages before print in the preview page numbers:

1897009196_printentiredoc3.jpg.95b2bac7dbd57ee9848de583ed6ae534.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Hi Thomaso, 

Thanks for your reply.

I can scroll through all the pages in preview, everything appears to be as it should be in the print dialogue box but Publisher will only print the first page of a document unless I specify the page numbers or "current page". I can print the output (to PDF for example) of the same file without issue. In fact I can print without problem from all my other software so I do think it's a bug with Publisher. I noticed there are many posts about printing problems maybe it's something in Publisher's print routines?

26 minutes ago, visibletime said:

I noticed there are many posts about printing problems maybe it's something in Publisher's print routines?

The often reported print issues are crashes which apparently resulted in a currently existing bug with mixed color spaces and profiles and can, according to the moderators comments, get avoided by using the same color profile for input, document and output. Other issues are related to print quality, for instance transparency and flattening, and can currently be avoided by an according setup in the print dialog.

For investigation of your issue by the developer team it would be useful to know your OS version, printer model and driver version.
Also a screenshot of your print options setup might be helpful.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• 8 months later...
26 minutes ago, Mike Ridgecrest said:

Similar problem:  print range does not work;  If i enter 1-5, it still prints everything.  I'm new, maybe there's a setting problem? Publisher 1.8.3

I recall a problem being reported about having to hit enter to register the page number range (or perhaps Tab to exit the field?).

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

2 hours ago, Mike Ridgecrest said:

Wow!  That worked.  Certainly non-intuitive.  Thanks!

You're welcome :)

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Mac OS Catalina  10.15.4 (you quoted 10.15.5, I thought I had latest)

Publisher 1.8.3

HMMM.  strange.  Now hitting the export button works (to export limited page range).  I went to check that I had process steps remembered correctly, now it works.  Weird.  Must have changed some setting somewhere. 

Thanks for questioning me 🙂   your question made me re-check.

1 hour ago, Mike Ridgecrest said:

Now hitting the export button works (to export limited page range).  I went to check that I had process steps remembered correctly, now it works.  Weird.  Must have changed some setting somewhere. 

Earlier you were talking about Printing. Now you're talking about Exporting.

-- Walt
PC: