You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi socialconnection :)

15 hours ago, socialconnection said:

I see there is a little white square line on it. Do you know how to remove the square line please

I can't see these in the screenshot you've provided - however this usually happens when your design is not aligned to Full Pixels. Could you please provide a copy of your Affinity file to the following link so I can look into this for you?

https://www.dropbox.com/request/6ba2XlegOSnyISGwz2OC

15 hours ago, socialconnection said:

after exporting my pattern I see that it came out blurry do you please guys know why? 

This depends, what format have you exported to please? What is the pixel size of your exported document?

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

922816126_blurrythreads_socialconnection.thumb.jpg.8031536a7e127a53f492888ed95b5372.jpg

It might not be helpful for you to start a new topic if you don't like or understand the given answers.

Instead you could try to express your concerns more precise, with words and/or with Affinity documents and/or with screenshots. In case of screenshots you can additionally place markers (circles, arrows) and/or text comments ("this is blurry", "this is not blurry") or crop the screenshot to relevant parts.

In case you don't understand you also might do a online research to get a basic understanding of resolution, pixel, vector and their fundamental aspects and differences. The fact that you seem not to see a relation between object size and object detail resolution or between monitor pixel grid and vector view gives the impression you are confused by different aspects without noticing it.

Also it would help to distinguish file formats, for instance .jpg versus .afdesign, especially when you upload a file you was asked for, to possibly comprehend and retrace an issue you see.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• Staff
10 hours ago, socialconnection said:

My question is when expert my design I would like to know how to make it not blurry . I just need the techniques. 

Thanks for your screenshots - you're exporting to a relatively small raster image, 576px x 576px.

As the physical dimensions of your exported image are rather small, there's only so much pixel data that can fit in the image - I'd recommend either enlarging your Artboards within your document, then exporting, or alternatively changing the dimensions of your export to 3-4 times larger than currently (ie 2304px x 2304px) and exporting again.

I also suggest changing your Resample option to Lanczos 3 Separable for a slightly sharper export image.

I hope this helps!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Hi Dan C, thank you so much for your support. 

1- You said I export Small raster image, But I wanted to export Vector image. How can I export vector image? How can I know is raster or vector image when I export it?

2- Do you please know how can I export the dimensions of your export to 3-4 times larger than current one? 

Thank you.

6 hours ago, socialconnection said:

1- You said I export Small raster image, But I wanted to export Vector image. How can I export vector image? How can I know is raster or vector image when I export it?

To begin with, choose a file format that supports vectors. The JPEG file format does not support vectors so there is no way to export to that format without everything in your document being converted to a raster image.

As @thomaso mentioned earlier, if you do not understand fundamental concepts like the difference between vector & raster image formats, you need to start with that.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff
On 9/15/2019 at 2:56 AM, socialconnection said:

How can I export vector image? How can I know is raster or vector image when I export it?

Depending on the objects/adjustments/effects in the document, the following formats support Vector objects -

PDF, SVG, EPS.

Image formats - such as JPEG, PNG, TIFF - are known as raster formats and don't support vector objects.

You'll need to make sure that a vector format is accepted by the uploader for the logo before exporting to one of the aforementioned formats.

On 9/15/2019 at 2:56 AM, socialconnection said:

Do you please know how can I export the dimensions of your export to 3-4 times larger than current one? 

You can either increase the size of the document itself, then export (recommended) or simply change the export size when in the export dialog, however depending on the format/export options this isn't always the best option.

As you have used Artboards you can't resize your document using through File>Document Setup, you'll need to do this manually.

Select your Artboard, then on the context toolbar make sure that Lock Children is unchecked. Now you can either drag the handles of the Artboard to manually adjust the size, or alternatively use the Transform Studio to enter exact values.

• Staff

No problem at all, happy to help!

7 hours ago, socialconnection said:

So normally to make a minimalist logo is to make it big and change the size of the logo to the size that they ask me in the export option right? 

Unfortunately there is no 'industry standard' that I'm aware of, but most users will create their vector logo at a relatively large size, then duplicate this and resize it depending on the output reason. If you're doing this, make sure that in the Stroke Studio you have ticked Scale With Object - else your strokes may not look the same at a smaller size.

For more information on the best sizes for logos, please see here - https://looka.com/blog/logo-size-guidelines/

• 1 month later...