You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi Everyone at Affinity, thanks for creating a great new app/product for OS X.. so far my testing of importing .psd's has been very impressive! So many other fail at that, so I feel that you should be proud!..

I found out about Designer initially from it being featured on the App store, and from the Apple design award that it won.

I am pretty impressed with what I have seen of it so far, was very happy with the price, and I love seeing that people from Affinity (including developers) are on here, helping people out, keep up the awesome work!

I had a few questions, and I'm not sure if these exist, (and I haven't found them), or if they are things I should put in the requests area..

1. Is there a way to 'Fill' and entire area (selection, or entire selected layer )? I have grown very accustomed to being able to do this in Photoshop (Where Cmd+Delete fills using the background color, and Opt+Delete fills with the foreground color....) I tend to do this a lot! I know that you can use the flood fill to fill a selection in the pixel persona, but was wondering if there was a command I could use instead...and also the ability to fill using one or the other color using a shortcut.

2. Is there a 'Crop' option? For example in Photoshop if you have a selection, (you can in the menu) go to 'Image > Crop' and your canvas will then resize to that selection..

So, I'm just not sure if these exist somewhere, and I can't find them, or if I should re-post this in the requests area.

I did already find answers to my other questions by searching this forum :)

• Staff

Hi RyanH,

We really are pleased you are loving the Affinity range.  Keep watching as we will be adding new features and improvements as time moves on :)

To answer your questions, the Fill Tool idea is a great one and i can't see that currently in the Feature Requests, so feel free to post that one in there.

As for the Crop tool, this has already been brought up and is currently in the Feature Requests section here

We really do welcome these kind of suggestions/questions, so if you have any more please do feel free to post them.