You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Still can't open Portrait Professional...

Hi. I am using Affinity Photo on two Windows 10 machines. On the machine I use for my photographic work I have Portrait Pro 18 and Affinity Photo 1. 7.2. 471. On the other machine that use for design work I have PP 17 and AP 1.7.2.471 so the same version of AP on each. On the machine with PP 17 AP opens PP as a plug in and works as expected. On the other machine it still crashes. On both machines PP works correctly in the latest AP Beta. 

Can anyone help? Is AP still broken with PP 18 for others? 

Thanks! 

Phil

I like turtles!

Windows 11

Sony A7iii

Sony A7riii

Sony A7Rii

Sony RX10 Mkiii

Canon G5x

Mavic Mini drone

A partridge

A pear tree (occupied)

www.philrosephoto.com

• Staff

It may be that the newer version of Portrait Pro does something different to the previous version. I've found some other forum posts reporting similar issues with Portrait Pro 18 and Photo 1.7.2. One suggestion is to remove the plugin from the plugin section of Photos preferences and do a restart. If you have updated from version 17 to 18, check to see if files from 17 are still on the system, if so delete.

Oh, I just discovered that the other laptop has V17 on it and that must be why it works. So I really don't think that PP V18 works with AP beta 1.7.2.464 but NOT with AP 1.7.2.471. PP V17 works with both those AP versions.

If there's anything I can do to help make this work I'd be happy to do so.

I like turtles!

Windows 11

Sony A7iii

Sony A7riii

Sony A7Rii

Sony RX10 Mkiii

Canon G5x

Mavic Mini drone

A partridge

A pear tree (occupied)

www.philrosephoto.com

• 3 months later...