You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Scaling the user interface according to windows zoom factor

Hi there,

I am using the Affinity suite on Windows 10 and currently have to deal with an very annoying GUI issue. Since I use a 4k monitor, my windows uses a desktop scaling factor of 150%. Sadly, Affinity, doesn't seem to respect that entirely and displays tool buttons in a very tiny way that makes it nearly impossible for me to use them. Is there any scale setting that I could use to force scaling of this part of the UI here?

The Windows desktop scaling factor is working with my Affinity products. That's if we're talking about the same thing - as in right click on desktop, choose display settings, then adjust the percentage under scale and layout. My monitor isn't 4k though, so it looks like I've dropped back to the mid 90s when I do that! There's also a custom scaling option that lets you put in values greater than 175%! I'm not going to try that, I may never get back again!

Version 1809 of Windows 10 added a slider in Ease of Access to Make Text Bigger in addition to the older Make Everything Bigger slider. Not all text elements are affected. See my post for details  

This Windows scaling does not increase icon size, only text size. I do yearn for larger icons in the APhoto UI to assist my aging eyes and declining mouse precision.

Affinity Photo 2.4.2 (MSI) and 1.10.6; Affinity Publisher 2.4.2 (MSI) and 1.10.6. Windows 10 Home x64 version 22H2.
Dell XPS 8940, 16 GB Ram, Intel Core i7-11700K @ 3.60 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060