You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Images scale problem ( Very Important)

Also Look someone send me a Pattern and after I export it i came out not blurry here in the first file.

2- I wanted to modify the pattern and I add new Shape so I add a Screscent shape on there and after I export it I see it that the shape that I add came out blurry. I think something is wrong in my design flow. 

PINWHEEL TEMPLATE 03.afdesign

PINWHEEL TEMPLATE 03 MODIFICATION.afdesign

i ADD.PNG

8 hours ago, socialconnection said:

and after I export it I see it that the shape that I add came out blurry

What program do you use, for view images? And you see a blurry image in this program?

HI Telemax, thank you so much for your support and your answers. Can I please ask you for few questions please?

1- For the Zoom, What is the percentage to have in the zoom to make sure that my design will be great when I export it?

2- To view my design after I open it is the windows photo program. Do you please know a program or software to view my design quality after I export them please?

3- When I Check the Pixel view mode, and if the image is breaking or bad before I export it. What should I do please? 

4 For example for this imoji that I created, Do you please know how can I fix the pixel when I export it to be great?

5- What can I please do to export this emoji in a high quality?

Imoji 1.afdesign

First you need to understand, what image resolution you need.

1. Zoom level, does not affect exports.

Zoom 100% this is when 1 pixel of the image equals one pixel of the screen (when pixels selected as units).

Zoom 100% this is REAL QUALITY - how the image will be displayed on the screen, without interpolation (when pixels selected as units).

units.png

2. ACDSee https://www.acdsee.com/en/products/photo-studio-professional/

3. You need to understand, what image resolution you need. And change the size of the artboard if needed, and resize the content accordingly.

4. This is an incorrect question. The resolution of the picture can be either sufficient or insufficient. 

5. Increase the export resolution (if necessary). But for Emoji, you hardly need a resolution larger than 128x128px (but it depends of the your target).

res.png

Double click on Zoom tool, to quickly scale for 100%

ZoomTool.png

Regarding the second question, I beg to differ. You certainly don’t have to purchase an application like ACDSee to assess the quality of your exported files. Just load the file back into Affinity Designer of Photo. Or use any other free file viewer that can open your export format. When you send your files out into the wild, they will have to work in different environments anyhow. :)

ACDSee Photo Pro, comes with "ACDSee Quick View", with which images are viewed.
"ACDSee Quick View", will continue to work after end of the demo period. It also has a dark UI.

There is also ACDSee Free, but it has a light-gray UI.

---

For "ACDSee Free", I recommend changing the background color to dark:

ACDSeeFree_setup_01.png

And disable Main toolbar, for a cleaner look:

ACDSeeFree_setup_02.png

And use hotkeys:

Full Screen - Middle Mouse Button

Fit to Screen - NumPad *

Zoom 100% - NumPad /

Next / Prev image - Mouse Wheel Scroll

Thank you so much guys. 

Telemax Listen,  I have a question for you . What Should be 128x 128px the Emoji or the Artboard. 

Also for example if I want to design minimalist Logo or logo what? Do you please know the size the logo and the Artboard should be. 

For example there is something that I do not understand how can I make a minimalist logo so the pixel of the logo could be good.

Sorry guys for a lot of question non sense questions. I'm new in Affinity I just started to learn graphic design. 

thanks

If you're working with vector graphics, just start with a 1000x1000 pixel document or artboard. In any case, you can export image in desired resolution.

If you understand that your image will be very small, 20x20 pixels for example, it should be created using the pixel art principles.

Search in google "pixel art"

4 hours ago, Wosven said:
11 hours ago, A_B_C said:

ACDSee is only available for Windows

(...) I used XNview on Mac,

On Mac the built-in Preview.app opens or converts quite a few formats.

Also a browser app would show an image file dragged to a browser window in its initial size.
Different to the Preview.app a browser also opens the .svg format.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

15 minutes ago, A_B_C said:

And what would be the argument against using Affinity Photo or Designer as a document viewer? :)

1. UI elements. Don't ask me to press TAB. 

2. Flipping through multiple documents in a row.

Yes, this is all very true. For a daily workflow, it wouldn’t make much sense … LOL … but given the questions that were asked in this thread, honestly, I believe it would suffice to reload the exported files into the apps for assessment before trying anything else. And that’s what my comment was about … ;)

8 hours ago, A_B_C said:

… but given the questions that were asked in this thread, honestly, I believe it would suffice to reload the exported files into the apps for assessment before trying anything else. And that’s what my comment was about … ;)

If by "the apps" you mean the Affinity ones, wouldn't that require allocating a huge amount of real and/or virtual memory to them, at least if the assessment is supposed to involve more than thumbnails or previews of the actual files?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Oh, my idea was rather simple. The original poster had asked how to assess the files exported from Affinity Designer, more precisely, the social icon or logo files (s)he had created. So I suggested to open these files in Designer, zoom in a little, and have a look. That was all. :)