You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Images scale problem ( Very Important)

Hi guys can you please help? I'm new to Affinity, after I design a logo or a vector image. When I try to make it smaller or bigger it completely broke and become very bad.  Even after I save it to my computer and place to Affinity again. it completely bad pixel wise. Do you guys please what do to and after I  I finish to export my work how can the become normal? 

Affinity Export bad 2.PNG

Bad export in Affinity.PNG

Hi thanks a lot for your answer. Appreciate it. 

Another big things can you please help?

1- After I Click scale with object, Now the Stroke is not giving problem. 

but When I save the vector image and I place the image to a new document in Affinity to do something else with it look it lose it quality like in the image here do you please know hwy?

Scale.PNG

From the screenshot: it is not a vector file, but a raster file.

You should export the original file as a svg or pdf, not jpg or png.

intel core i5,  16GB 128Gb ssd win10 Pro Huion new 1060plus.

philips 272p 2560x1440px on intel HD2500 onboard graphics

Razer Tartarus Chroma

You sent a pixel file. Also in your layer panel it says "(image)" next to your illustration. That means it is a pixel graphic, not vector and therefore not as smooth as expected from your original.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

HI guys thanks a lot. Look no matter what I save my file from but when I place in any document in Affinity it loose it quality?

Do you please after I design something how can I export it so that it can be use any where with no problem and smooth as I expected from the original please? Because after I design something and look good in the original but after I export it, it came out bad. pixel and more.

8 minutes ago, socialconnection said:

Look no matter what I save my file from but when I place in any document in Affinity it loose it quality?

No. It is up to you.

9 minutes ago, socialconnection said:

how can I export it so that it can be use any where with no problem and smooth as I expected from the original please?

It is answered above by dutchshader.

10 minutes ago, socialconnection said:

how can I export it

When working within Affinity there is no need to export at all. Just use the document as is.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Oh okay thanks for telling me. I just need to copy and pass. Now I understand.

Now LOOk when I copy the design and make it smaller. You can see in the file 2 BEt it looses it quality. it is not the same as the original. Do you please know why . because after design, I would like to scale the image to make it smaller or bigger without loosing the quality? 

1 bet.PNG

Bet 2.PNG

What you see looks pretty normal to my eyes. You must imagine that your screen is a raster-based device. That means, the vector information of your drawing has to be rasterised in order to appear on screen. And when you scale down your artwork like you did, there will be less pixels available to represent your vector information (remember, the screen pixels don’t get smaller when you shrink your artwork). Hence, you will have the impression of losing image quality. Hope that makes sense. :)

HI guys thanks a lot for your answer. very nice from you.

I really understand what you said, but How can I maybe make a logo very small for a website . because when I design them after I give it to people when they shrink it it becomes blurry. So what is the methods to build a small logo and a big size logo with no shrink quality problem please? 

2 hours ago, socialconnection said:

Yes this is the file I made. This is a facebook Icon I made. When I open it it came out breaking in the corner. This is the type of the logo I was taking about. what were you talking about? 

The request was that you upload your .afdesign file, not a file you exported from it. and as MikeW said, he meant the fox and leaves file, since that's the one we've been talking about.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 hour ago, socialconnection said:

Oh now, now I understand thanks,  here it is Affinity File. Can someone please check it out export it and let me how it is please to see if I did something wrong.

Social Media Icons.afdesign

If you're asking why the image gets blurry if someone makes it smaller, consider:

• Your .afdesign document specifies a DPI of 72 pixels per inch.
  • The .png you showed us of the Facebook icon is 80px by 80px, and just over an inch square. That's not very many pixels.

So my first question would be, how do they make it smaller? I can think of two ways they could do that:

1. Reduce the number of pixels. If they make it 36px by 36px it will be about 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch. But it has 1/4 of the pixels, and unless if it's viewed at any zoom > 100% yes, it will be blurry because there's not much data there.
  2. Keep the same number of pixels, but make it 144dpi. Then it will also be about 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch, but at its native size it will be sharper than what they started with (more pixels in a smaller area), and they could zoom it to 200% and still have the sharpness of your original.

So I think the real questions are: What are you trying to do? What are the users going to do? And what constraints do you really have on what you need to produce?

Also, could you give them a vector image? Or does it have to be raster?

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

HI Thank you so much for your nice answer.

1- What I want to is to sell gigs on Fiverr and more. So I need to design logo, minimalis logo, and illustration to sell. 

2- I like Affinity and I like to design, But i do not really no how export them well. 

3- When users order they ask me for Victor logo and raster image. 

4- They order logo for social media and for websites too.

5- I send an screenshot where my Pattern is not blurry but when I export it, it came out blurry.

6- My dream right now is to be able to save mydesing to high resolution after I finish to design them so that you can open them in anywhere so that they not blurry. 

Thank you so much for your help. 

Not blurry.PNG

PNG Export.PNG

JPEG Export.PNG

54 minutes ago, socialconnection said:

I send an screenshot where my Pattern is not blurry but when I export it, it came out blurry.

We cannot really help you with that unless you give us the file, not a screenshot.

MikeW asked you for the file earlier, and you gave us the social media icons instead.

-- Walt
PC: