CarlM

Tables Autofit Causes Crash

Create a new document and then create a table and add some text. Select a Row, right click and select "Autofit Row to contents" and Publisher crashes every time. Randomly, the same occurs with Autofit Column.

Same here, without bug report.
The same Bug in the customer version.

Cheers

Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 :   Affinity Photo-Beta 1.8.0.486   :    Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481:  Affinity Designer-Beta 1.8.0.486:

Affinity Publisher-Beta 1.7.3.475:   Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481:    Windows 10 Pro  (Version  1903 Build 18362.295)

Can confirm this, too, both the release version (1.7.2.471) and beta (1.7.3.475). Does not seem to matter how many columns there are, or whether all or none of the cells in the affected row have content.

In addition autofitting each column of the table caused, after last column was fitten program to completely freeze (but not showing hardly any processing, and not being said as being non-responding but nothing at all can be done in the application window, it cannot even be activated, 

I wonder if we are reporting to an unread forum? Nobobdy at Serif seems to read the beta forum (at least on Windows side), even if there is a new beta... the post for the beta release had a request to post bug reports found in this release to a beta Mac forum, but I thought this was just an omission. But I have posted a beta-only specific bug related to text wrapping but no one has acknowledged it even this is a definite bug. I guess there is something more urgent at hand...  

Same with the topic post which is an 100% reproducile bug. Maybe it has already been reported on the Mac forum. The key customers...

If the problem occurs in the released version it is better to report it in the Publisher Bugs forum. The Beta forum is intended, I believe, for issues that are new with the beta.

21 minutes ago, Lagarto said:

the post for the beta release had a request to post bug reports found in this release to a beta Mac forum, but I thought this was just an omission.

It wouldn't be an omission but a mistake :)

Only @AdamW would know that for sure; probably if you'd mentioned it there when you noticed it he or @Patrick Connor would have corrected the post.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.356), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.7.3.475 Beta

1 hour ago, Lagarto said:

the post for the beta release had a request to post bug reports found in this release to a beta Mac forum

Woops, sorted thank you

1 hour ago, Lagarto said:

I wonder if we are reporting to an unread forum?

Not at all, just a bit behind at the moment (a few late holidays in the team and some early 1.8 internal brush testing). Your post is appreciated and will be picked up next week. When short staffed we do favour the bugs forums over the beta forums as customer reported issues take precedence. Hence Walt's suggestion that any issue you find that affects the release version and has not been fixed in the latest beta belongs in the bugs forum please.

Patrick Connor
Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Latest releases on each platform 

Ok, thanks. The thing is that the table auto-adjusment problem applies to both beta and the release version, and the most active users (or testers, to use the proper term) are likely to run the most recent beta. Reporting to one forum (the most recent one) should ideally have some kind of feedback from the developers, without a need to copy the post to parallel forums, or without a need to test whether a specific issue can be reproduced also when using the release version, and/or a macOs version.

But I guess this is a matter of limited resources, and the focus is at this point somewhere else But if the code base is common, I can be pretty confident that the problems posted to this  forum have been experienced also with release (and macOS) versions, and have accordinbly been properly acknowledged..

EDIT: Ok, thanks: corss posting...

I've always felt it was a bit of overkill to cross post especially if the bug or feature was appearing in the most recent Beta as well as the release version  but if Patrick& co are happy for that kind of cross-posting then I'll bear it in mind for the future  - I always check the release version when I uncover a bug in the beta anyway.

52 minutes ago, CarlM said:

I've always felt it was a bit of overkill to cross post especially if the bug or feature was appearing in the most recent Beta as well as the release version  but if Patrick& co are happy for that kind of cross-posting then I'll bear it in mind for the future  - I always check the release version when I uncover a bug in the beta anyway.

For what little it’s worth, I didn’t read Patrick’s post as an encouragement to cross-post! I understood him to be endorsing Walt’s argument that if it’s a bug in the current release version which has been carried over to the latest beta version then it should be reported in the (release versions) bug forum, but if it’s newly introduced in the beta then it should be reported in the beta forum. In other words, one or the other, not both.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)