You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Tables Autofit Causes Crash

Same here, without bug report.
The same Bug in the customer version.

Cheers

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3447)

If the problem occurs in the released version it is better to report it in the Publisher Bugs forum. The Beta forum is intended, I believe, for issues that are new with the beta.

21 minutes ago, Lagarto said:

the post for the beta release had a request to post bug reports found in this release to a beta Mac forum, but I thought this was just an omission.

It wouldn't be an omission but a mistake :)

Only @AdamW would know that for sure; probably if you'd mentioned it there when you noticed it he or @Patrick Connor would have corrected the post.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff
1 hour ago, Lagarto said:

the post for the beta release had a request to post bug reports found in this release to a beta Mac forum

Woops, sorted thank you

1 hour ago, Lagarto said:

I wonder if we are reporting to an unread forum?

Not at all, just a bit behind at the moment (a few late holidays in the team and some early 1.8 internal brush testing). Your post is appreciated and will be picked up next week. When short staffed we do favour the bugs forums over the beta forums as customer reported issues take precedence. Hence Walt's suggestion that any issue you find that affects the release version and has not been fixed in the latest beta belongs in the bugs forum please.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I've always felt it was a bit of overkill to cross post especially if the bug or feature was appearing in the most recent Beta as well as the release version  but if Patrick& co are happy for that kind of cross-posting then I'll bear it in mind for the future  - I always check the release version when I uncover a bug in the beta anyway.

52 minutes ago, CarlM said:

I've always felt it was a bit of overkill to cross post especially if the bug or feature was appearing in the most recent Beta as well as the release version  but if Patrick& co are happy for that kind of cross-posting then I'll bear it in mind for the future  - I always check the release version when I uncover a bug in the beta anyway.

For what little it’s worth, I didn’t read Patrick’s post as an encouragement to cross-post! I understood him to be endorsing Walt’s argument that if it’s a bug in the current release version which has been carried over to the latest beta version then it should be reported in the (release versions) bug forum, but if it’s newly introduced in the beta then it should be reported in the beta forum. In other words, one or the other, not both.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

Please don't cross post.

I was advising Lagarto how to decide which forum new reports should go in, but implying that this report was just fine here and would be picked up shortly. Sorry if I was not clear.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.