snowite

1.7.1.404 Won't Update

I don't know what is going on.  I have downloaded the new 1.72 version for windows. I keep getting the message that there is an update. I go through the install process and get as far as "do you want to allow this program to make change to your system"  - then nothing.  There is no"it's finished" , no new icon, no update.  I thought maybe my virus program was causing an install issue, so I put it to sleep. Still, the same thing keeps happening.   

I have been trying to update photo since the new release. 

( I do own the software: actually I own designer, photo and publisher. and I have not had issues updating the other software.  Is there something special I need to do in order for it to update?

@snowite,

Locate the downloaded affinity-photo 1.7.2.exe file. Right-click on it and select Properties. At the bottom of the dialog window that opens does it show the warning about the file coming from another computer and asking if you want to unblock it? If so check the box and retry. So far that hasn't posed an issue for me, but it might be your system is not allowing it.

1367864346_fileblockwarn.jpg.851f303d6af422dbea7be3fee41c208a.jpg

Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 ; Affinity Photo Beta 1.7.2.464; Win10 Home Version:1903, Build: 18362.207: Intel Core i7-4770, 3.90GHz, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 645, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

Thanks Ron, That was the issue! I appreciate your help with that. It was making me crazy, as I did not have this issue with the software from Affinity.

Thanks again and have a wonderful weekend!

Hey folks.  I have the same issue (Windows 10 64bit)...only I don't have the security warning in the Properties > General tab.  Also tried to run the update as Administrator and that didn't work either.  Suggestions????  Thanks!

22 minutes ago, Steve S said:

Shut down my real time virus protection

I'm running Kaspersky Internet Security. Never had a problem on installing/updating software.
Just out of interest which virus software do you have installed?

Affinity Photo  1.7.2.471 

Windows 10 Home  1903 (build 18362.175) - 64 bit processor - AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon HD Graphics  1.50GHz - RAM 8,00 GB
Calibrated Monitor (Datacolor Spyder5 Pro)