You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Macro in Bulk and Manual mode gives different results

Hi,

I am using 1.7.2.471 on windows 10 (Surface book first edition).

If I do a bulk upload and try to add a macro at same time, I get different output compared to when I open the RAW file in Develop persona, don't make any changes and Develop it. And then apply my macro there.

1. Bulk load output with macro used

2. With Manual load and then Develop and then adding same macro

NOTE - I am not able to upload manually edited photo as Affinity forum is failing with 200 error

_RAY8629.jpg

Edited by KaushikRay

Batch processing does not use the same process to develop a raw image as the Develop Persona does. Rather it uses a simpler one, with none of the Develop Assistant actions applied.

Typically that means that a raw file run through batch processing comes out darker, among other things. You would need a different macro, designed to compensate for the different develop processing, to use with your batch job. You could then run your new macro, followed by your existing macro, as part of the batch job.

This would still not come out identical, probably, but it would be closer.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

To clear, my macro only have details from Photo persona, nothing related to Develop and also I am tried everything only with Photo persona. no changes done in Develop persona (as Macro does not support Develop)

Now is there a way to identify what are the things Affinity batch process ignore or what changes I should do specifically extra to get nearer results? Thanks

5 minutes ago, KaushikRay said:

To clear, my macro only have details from Photo persona, nothing related to Develop and also I am tried everything only with Photo persona. no changes done in Develop persona (as Macro does not support Develop)

Now is there a way to identify what are the things Affinity batch process ignore or what changes I should do specifically extra to get nearer results? Thanks

As I understand it, Batch Processing does not do any of the things the Develop Assistant would do:

image.png.6cde074839c5c8d25537f17cb67980d8.png

I think that if you turn off the Develop Assistant and Develop your raw image with the Develop Persona, that you should get the same image you would get using Batch Processing.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

6 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

I think that if you turn off the Develop Assistant and Develop your raw image with the Develop Persona, that you should get the same image you would get using Batch Processing.

I did not understand this portion. So I turn off my assisitant and make some changes like brightness, vibrance etc. how can I get the same result with macro? Do you mean making similar changes in Photo persona and comparing? 

What I was saying, is that you seem to want to know what the difference is between what happens during Batch Processing and during the Develop Persona. The difference is in the things that the Develop Assistant does. If you turn off the Develop Assistant, and Develop the image, it should look like it does when you use Batch Processing.

At that point you can figure out what adjustments you need to make to make the image look right to you. And you can make a macro to apply those adjustments.

Once you have the macro, you can use it during Batch Processing. You can also use it from the Photo Persona for any raw images that you open if you leave the Develop Assistant off.

-- Walt
PC: