You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Blue shadow box appears on Apple's "Spaces"

As I work with AffPub docs on my iMac I often have each of two docs on a different Space. In only have three spaces active, one for general things and the other two for separate AffPub docs. This allows me through a keyboard shortcut (CNTL plus a cursor key) quickly to shift from one Space to another. I know I could have them both on the same page and AffPub window and go back and forth from one tab to another, but I find it much easier to switch Spaces.

After awhile a blue shadow screen (attached below) appears over an AffPub doc or alone on the Space after deleting the doc on that Space, but it follows me as I switch from Space to Space, appearing over the other AffPub doc on the other Space. I cannot get rid of it unless I quit AffPub and bring up the program again. This does not happen with any other program I use. I'm thinking it has something to do with RAM management for AffPub, but that is only a guess. Does anyone else have this issue?

PS: In the attachment below my screen is dark grey and the blue/grey part of the screen is the box I'm talking about. 

Screen Shot 2019-09-07 at 5.54.54 PM.png

• Staff

Hi Jim,

Can't say I've seen this issue before.  But if it's happening outside of Affinity, it's unlikely to be an Affinity issue.  Which version of MacOS are you on?  I'll see if I can find anything out about this but it looks more like an OS issue more than anything.

That's what I thought it might be, Stokerg. I was working on High Sierra where it occurred in Affinity but then upgraded to Mojave where it continued. It does not happen often, but when I does I simply close Affinity and bring it up again. It does not happen outside of Affinity, but it is always when going from Space to Space. The size of this "shadow" box is the same the Space from which I switched. No way I have found to delete it, and perhaps were I to find a way to do that, I'd delete or close what I had in the previous Space. No big problem and I'll try to document it ... but as usual, since I wrote it has not happened again. Guess that's one way of "fixing" it. 

The blue box just appeared again. The context of this was as follows:

1. I had two different AD docs in separate Spaces and no blue box. One filled one screen in one Space and the other did not fill the other Space.

2. In trying to position of the one that did not fill the screen(although I try not to position it right in the top left corner of its screen) it jumped over into the full screen Space and became attached to that AD doc (= two tabs, one for each doc). This jumping into the other Space is of course a Mac problem and not AD.

3. In expanding the non-full screen doc, the blue box appears covering the screen area that the non-full screen doc had before occupied but leaving the resized doc as I had sized it.

4. Usually clicking around on the screen does not eliminate the blue area, but this time it did.

If this again happens I'll let you know. The above is simply an update as of today. The problem appears to be in the above sequence. I'm not sure if it is connected to AD, or to Apple, or to a combo of the two.