You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New 1.7.2 will not remove 1.7 Designer

Hello.

I just updated my to version 1.72 Designer.. However when I went update to version 1.72 it refuses to allow the update.  This is strange as also now I cannot run 1.70 which I was in the middle of using, when I had to use my old version of Beta Publisher.. which I had to update also to version 1.7.. which did so successfully.  The problem with Designer now occurs that I can't even delete my old version of 1.70 Designer from my computer (Windows 10/64.. 16GB 1TB SSD) and that it no longer shows up in the Windows Apps Delete program.  I tried via Admin Delete to remove (delete and /or rename) the old directory and it says I don't have permissions to do so.  I am the Admin.. logged in as Admin... I find all this strange as everything was functioning OK previous to me installing the new version of Designer 1.72..   However now I am left now with being unable to run either my old version of Designer or my new version 1.72..  as far as that is concerned .. I am locked out of using Designer currently for any work to be done in Designer... be it the old version 1.70 or to update to the newer version 1.72..

BWL.ini

Access Designer -01.jpg

Access Designer -02.jpg

Access Designer -03.jpg

Access Designer -04.jpg

Access Designer -05.jpg

Access Designer -06.jpg

• Staff

Hi Skyhigh,

Thanks for the screenshot.

All looks correct, so there shouldn't really be an issue here.  Can you restart the PC, once restarted find out download in your downloads folder and right click on this and select Run As Admin.  If the setup fails, can you :

Check this location:

%temp%/AffinitySetup

To get to that location, call up the Run box by holding down the Windows key and tapping the letter R.  Copy and paste the above path into the run box and click okay.  That should open a folder, which should contain at least 1 other folder.  If there are more than one, find the latest one and open the folder, you should see 2 log files, setup.log and setui.log if you can attach those here, i'll be able to help further :)