You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

TOC lost format on export

John T

Still having problems with the format of my table of contents when exporting to PDF.

When I go to export an error message says one or more table of contents need updating.

If I select Fix and continue all the formatting is lost, selecting ignore and continue all is fine.

Windows version 1.7.2.471

Thanks in advance.

Yes that's what I have been doing Jim but surely this is a bug?

Also after formatting the tab and character settings it shows as tab left align and hovering over the character it says character none even though it clearly

shows that I have selected a period.

Have you or anyone else  noticed this?

TOC tab stops.jpg

Edited by John T
extra information

This happens to me all the time, because I always need to insert a col break in my TOC, so it always appears as "needing to be fixed." So I the pop-up on every single export for at least something that doesn't need to be fixed, but Publisher thinks it needs a fix.

Also, I had the strange problem of my TOC styles completely changing on 'update', then I could delete the TOC, readd it, and the styles looked as expected. I fixed that by selecting the text frame that included the TOC and made sure "No Style" was selected. It was somehow inheriting the default style of the text frame rather than using Index Entry 1, 2, etc. styles.