You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

validation problem using Virtualbox

I have a copy of Windows 10 running as a VirtualBox 6 guest. When I install any Affinity program it installs apparently correctly. When I run it I initially got a blue box asking if I had a key and a blank box underneath. Clicking on the blue box brings up five boxes. A long and a short blank box repeated twice and a greyed out validate box. Nothing seems to work with these boxes. I uninstalled all the Affinity programs, cleaned off all the Affinity files I could find and ran a registry cleaner but a new installation behaves exactly the same. Is this a fault with VirtualBox 6? I had no problem with installation using Virtual Box 5.

trevorm

• Staff

Hi @trevorm

Can't say I've used VirtualBox and not sure if we support that.  However, can you post a screenshot of what you get when running our app?  Off the top of my head, it's most likely a NetFrameWork issue or graphics card driver issue (clean install of graphics driver normally resolves that). 

stokerg when I start any of the Affinity programs I first get the first picture. If I click on the top box I then get the second picture. No boxes in the second picture are active, only the 'back' button. Strangely I discovered that if I click on the lower box on the first screen the first time I get an agreement box and if I click 'agree' then the program loads. With subsequent loadings lower box clicks start the program. No validation anywhere but Designer and Photo seem to work properly. Publisher gets random black boxes which, if they obscure an icon you can click through to make it work. Occasionally the box obscures all of the top of the screen so stops you using it. I don't know whether this is a bug of Publisher or from VirtualBox. Otherwise Publisher seems to work but is not very usable.

834569382_Screenshotfrom2019-09-0816-01-04.png.d3e778e81f96c1eeb738fb01a562dc40.png289353559_Screenshotfrom2019-09-0816-01-33.png.d677fc9853320c3ebce92de299c4f3b8.png