You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Sharpening in RAW mode is lost during development

vokuit00

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Yes I notice the same problem when I edit a Canon RAW file. I sharpen the photo using Detail Refinement in the Develop persona. I click the Develop button and the photo is displayed in the Photo persona, but without the sharpening previously applied. If I export the file to create a JPG and then display it in a different app, eg MS Photos, the sharpening has definitely gone. I think this is an Affinity bug.

I'm not seeing this issue here.  Version 1.8.3.641 on Windows 10 Pro.

Here are screen shots showing original and Detail Refined in Develop Persona, and the "as developed image" in Photo Persona.
The sharpening has certainly been retained.  Note that all views are at 100% zoom. 
RAW (.ARW) image is from a Sony SLT-A57 camera.15669061_DetailRefinemant.thumb.jpg.465567a235ff58ddd90c869e7373c5bc.jpg

Intel i7-10700 Gen10 CPU, 32GB RAM, Geforce GTX 1660 OC 6GB
Windows 10 Pro 22H2, 1x 1TB M.2 NVMe, 1 x 2TB M.2 NVMe. Affinity APh, APu, ADe

norfolkcoaster,

Here are screen shots of Detail Refinement on a .CR2 Canon RAW image (from a G7 MKII). Again the "sharpening" has carried through from the Develop Persona to the Photo Persona

CR2 Detail Refine.jpg

Intel i7-10700 Gen10 CPU, 32GB RAM, Geforce GTX 1660 OC 6GB
Windows 10 Pro 22H2, 1x 1TB M.2 NVMe, 1 x 2TB M.2 NVMe. Affinity APh, APu, ADe

• 1 year later...
6 hours ago, verenice said:

Has this been fixed because i still have the same issue. 

The posters in this topic who seemed to have a problem never demonstrated it, and two users demonstrated that there isn't.

First question for you: when you did the Detail Refinement, were you working at a zoom of 100%, or something else? If your zoom level was lower than 100%, then you would not see the true results of the refinement.

Next question: can you provide screenshots that demonstrate the problem?

Final question (for now :)): If you're on Windows, and if you have Hardware Acceleration enabled in your Photo Preferences, Performance, does the problem occur if you disable Hardware Acceleration (OpenCL)?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1