You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher crashes with textframe/save etc in document

Hello,

I was thinking about going over from the PagePlus X9 yesterday, but I was excepting more problems with Publisher than the PagePlus slowly workflow.

Im creating a docutment on 36 pages, it worked good a long time. When I was pasting some content it started, to crash/close within millisecounds, no freeze and so. The crash may occure on click in a textframe, marking the content in it, applying a text style on it, or even using the Save-button. Altrought, document was not saved when I tried and it crashed.

Im using Windows 10 Pro, 1803 17134.950. There shuld be no problems with resources, and Publisher works very well before crashing. Theres possible to work 2-3 times faster than in PagePlus. Affinity version 1.7.2.471

Attaching three crash reports from today

66f81e53-9d53-43b1-957c-c8984fe613ff.dmp

71a5a584-dd1c-4dab-8bf8-4a83b9416ac7.dmp

f603795b-0a81-4257-af2a-b184f550c74f.dmp

Edited by PetterSandvik

• Staff

Hi @PetterSandvik,

I've had a go at cleaning up that file, it had become slightly corrupt (mainly some text frames on Master A which I've recreated).

Can you explain a bit of your workflow to help me try reproduce getting a file into a state like this?

Do you duplicate masters alot, copy/paste from inside the document? Did you choose to "Edit Detached" on any pages with master pages applied?

Anything you can think to let me know that might help me reproduce how this happened?

I've PM'd you a version of the file that seems to be more stable.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com