You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Situation

I have a free version and a paid version of my book.

In the free version, I export pages 1 - 139. Page 139 is a thank you page and where to go to get the full version. There is also a footer (hyperlink) on where to get the full version.

In the paid version, I export pages 1-138, 140-399. I leave out page 139. I also hide the footer (hyperlink to the full version.)

Solution

• Allow Publisher to save and name export settings. You can save and name export presets but not specific pages you want to export. I'd love to have this. 
  • I would also love if the Export dialog remembered your last choice for the Area selector (dropdown). It always goes back to "All Spreads" and I can't tell you how many PDFs I've created that I had to do over because I really need pages, not spreads for an eBook.
  • Have an export properties pane for export settings, so when you choose a layer, you can choose only to export when an export preset is used.

For example, this is how it would work:

I would create and name two export presets:

• Free
  • Paid

Then I would select page 139 and go to the export properties pane. By default, the page exports with all export presets. Then I would look at the list of all of my presets, select "Paid" and remove it. Now page 139 only exports for "Free" export preset that remains in the list.

Next, I would go to my master that has the hyperlink footer, select the text frame and go to the export properties pane. Then I would look at the list of all of my presets, select "Paid" and remove it. Now, that footer only exports for "Free" export preset that remains in the list.

Thank you for your consideration!

Mark

Hi Mark

you are able to select the pages to export..

For the free version export pages 1-139 and save this file as Free.

For the paid version separate the two page blocks with a comma as in the below image. and save as Paid.

It is possibly not what you want but it is a workaround.

export settings.png