You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity text Styles in Free Resources

Hi

First of all can I please say a big thank you to all those users who post resources freely, it is greatly appreciated, I have had some spectacular result with downloaded resources.

I am just posting this as it is one of my frustrations and may be the same for others on the forum. I design a text layout that I am happy with but want to embellish the headline, I quite often load a style which the designer has saved using a particular font and point size that I may not have installed on my PC so Affinity substitutes a font and the point size is entirely different to the one in my design, I have to then go in and change it to my font and point size and see if it works for me, if not I can end up going through the same procedure numerous times.

I do not know if there is an action to retain my font and point size, if so I am missing it. What I do when I have imported a set of styles is pick one of my favourite fonts and set it to a big size. If when I apply the style it changes them I create a rectangle with the shape tool and apply the style to that and then import it back into my styles from the rectangle using add style from selection, then delete the one linked to a font and size.. When I then apply if my font and point size remain unchanged.

Sorry if you feel this is in the wrong category but is applies to resources.

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

2 hours ago, AlanPickup said:

What I do when I have imported a set of styles is pick one of my favourite fonts and set it to a big size. If when I apply the style it changes them I create a rectangle with the shape tool and apply the style to that and then import it back into my styles from the rectangle using add style from selection, then delete the one linked to a font and size.. When I then apply if my font and point size remain unchanged.

Ah Ha!!  Great idea!  Reduces a lot of growling at my desk!!

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9