You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDF export does not go through

KF_7_6

Hi, I would like to export a 1.5GB file as a PDF file and Affinity seems to freeze and the process does not go through. The file contains vectors, RGB pictures and text. I use a MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz, 8Gb RAM, and the version of Designer is 1.7.2.

I tried to export using each PDF preset settings options and the result is the same.

PDF export seems to be a recurrent problem, but I did not find a good fix to this, any help ?

I am happy to attach the file but not through the forum.

Thanks a lot for your help,

Kevin

• Staff
On 9/6/2019 at 4:57 PM, Kevin Fidelin said:

Hi, I would like to export a 1.5GB file as a PDF file and Affinity seems to freeze and the process does not go through. The file contains vectors, RGB pictures and text. I use a MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz, 8Gb RAM, and the version of Designer is 1.7.2.

I tried to export using each PDF preset settings options and the result is the same.

PDF export seems to be a recurrent problem, but I did not find a good fix to this, any help ?

I am happy to attach the file but not through the forum.

Thanks a lot for your help,

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

If you could attach your PDF using the link below to our internal Dropbox account I can investigate the issue. Does the export hang, or does it say it has failed? We've had issues with certain fonts causing the PDF export to fail, so if you could also attach the fonts used to that link that would also help!
https://www.dropbox.com/request/GCo3rjQh2CnfPlb7swET

Thanks!

On 9/7/2019 at 8:42 AM, vinayaksom said:

I’m experiencing a similar issue post upgrading to MacOS 10.15 Catalina Beta.

Earlier, the application was working fine. Hope team will fix this issue soon. Having lot of issues working on my current assignments.

Will re-installing Designer work ? Pls help.

Can you please create a separate thread for your issue giving more information and adding screenshots, files and screen capture. This will help us (and others) understand your issue and provide better help.