You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Print button results in Affinity Designer stop

Updated Afinity Designer to 1.7.2 and now the app quits the moment I hit the "print" button.

When I reopen the app the graphics and the pages I worked on appear again.

The workaround on this moment is to export the page(s) as pdf, and then print them with Acrobat, which is not exactly a timesaving reroute.

Anyone any idea how to solve this?

MacPro 1,1 running OSX El Capitan, printer Epson Stylus SX210

• Staff

Hi Arie :)

Thanks for your report and I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble.

This is a known bug in the current version of Affinity, this crash occurs when you have an embedded document which contains a different colour space/ICC profile than the main document.

Do you have a placed document or image in your design? If so, please double click this element, then go to File>Document Setup and change the colour space & profile to match your main document. This should resolve the crashing behaviour - apologies for any inconveniences caused!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• Staff

Thanks for trying that Arie and I'm sorry to hear it hasn't helped! Could you please upload a copy of the .afdesign file that's causing this crashing to the following link for me? then reply here to let me know once this has been completed? Many thanks in advance!

https://www.dropbox.com/request/nYhcGWx86t29VVctKX2U

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

• 1 year later...
  • Staff

Hi @ROT,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

It's very unlikely that the above issue is causing similar issues with your setup - as usually print issues are very machine specific.

Can you please confirm for me:

• What are your Mac specs?
  • What make/model printer are you using?
  • What happens when you try and print?
  • Does this happen with any document, or only certain ones?

Many thanks in advance!

This issue was posted on September 6, 2019 regarding version 1.7.2

Today is January 4, 2021 and version 1.8.6 is running on my MacPro without any problems so far.

So, the issue has become a non-issue; if it appears again (which I think is most unlikely) I'll let you guys and gals know.

Happy and healthy 2021!

9 hours ago, Dan C said:

Hi @ROT,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

It's very unlikely that the above issue is causing similar issues with your setup - as usually print issues are very machine specific.

Can you please confirm for me:

• What are your Mac specs?
  • What make/model printer are you using?
  • What happens when you try and print?
  • Does this happen with any document, or only certain ones?

Many thanks in advance!

Hi Dan

• MacBook Pro running OS version 14.10.6
  • HP M254dw
  • Affinity Designer quits imediately when print is selected
  • It's all documents, even a plain new document with no content quits

Thanks

• Staff

Thanks for confirming that for me ROT, if this is happening for any document - including a blank document - then that could indicate an issue with your printer driver.

Can you please uninstall this printer from your Mac, restart your Mac and then download the most up-to-date drivers directly from the manufacturers website.

Once downloaded, please install these drivers and then try printing from Affinity again.

Does this resolve the crashing for you? :)

11 hours ago, Dan C said:

Thanks for confirming that for me ROT, if this is happening for any document - including a blank document - then that could indicate an issue with your printer driver.

Can you please uninstall this printer from your Mac, restart your Mac and then download the most up-to-date drivers directly from the manufacturers website.

Once downloaded, please install these drivers and then try printing from Affinity again.

Does this resolve the crashing for you? :)

Thanks Dan

That's cured it, It's bit strange that it was only Affinity that had the problem, everything else was printing fine.

Thanks again.
Chris