You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer keeps crashing

Hi Roy,

Are you able to upload the file in question so we can take a look? Could you also let us know the printer you are printing to and perhaps include a screengrab of your printer settings just before AD crashes?

Affinity Designer 2.4.1.2344 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1.2344 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1.2344
Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.6.8, Magic Mouse

20 minutes ago, Hangman said:

Hi Roy,

Are you able to upload the file in question so we can take a look? Could you also let us know the printer you are printing to and perhaps include a screengrab of your printer settings just before AD crashes?

* Printer in question: brother DCP-385C

Tom Sharp's 's letter for montage.afdesign

Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 18.58.07.png

Hi,

Here is was you asked but I notice this time my page in the print panel is... BLANK .... strange indeed and yet as already explained, Affinity photo and Publisher print ok.

Strangely, Affinity Designer prints the same page as JPG and PDF ..... but not .afdesign

I would like the reason for this.

Edited by Roy Stedall-Humphryes
Late, important info

Hi Roy,

The problem appears to be with the images, I'm not entirely sure why or where they've come from but if you right-click each in turn in the layers palette and select rasterise from the menu so both show as (pixel), rather than (Embedded Document) and (Image) then re-save your file and you should be good to print.

The source document crashes both Photo and Publisher for me, so definitely an issue with the images, in particular, the flame image which is the one causing the crash.

Affinity Designer 2.4.1.2344 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1.2344 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1.2344

Hi Roy,

No problem, glad you've managed to sort and are able to print.

Hi Roy,

You can do this in Affinity Photo by selecting all layers, right-clicking and selecting 'Merge Visible', though in doing so you are rasterising your text. If that isn't an issue for you then that is the route I'd take.

• Staff

Hi Roy,

Just to let you know that there is a known crash that happens when an embedded document is in a different colour format to the main document, which is what is happening in your case. As Hangman has rightly said rasterising that embedded document will turn it to a pixel layer using the document's colour profile and allow you to print without crashing.

The crash has been fixed and will be made available in the next release.

Oh — just noticed that perhaps you were talking about Roy's file and not mine.

K

5 hours ago, Sean P said:

Hi Roy,

Just to let you know that there is a known crash that happens when an embedded document is in a different colour format to the main document, which is what is happening in your case. As Hangman has rightly said rasterising that embedded document will turn it to a pixel layer using the document's colour profile and allow you to print without crashing.

The crash has been fixed and will be made available in the next release.

• Staff
15 hours ago, Karenq said:

Oh — just noticed that perhaps you were talking about Roy's file and not mine.

K

Hi Karen,
I was indeed. I moved all your's and Hangman's post relating to your issue in the thread you created for it as they sound like 2 different issues. I did reply to you in this thread below