You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Make "Export" button in export sheet the default button

The Export sheet has two buttons, Cancel and Export. Cancel is already keyboard-enabled (or acts as if it is); hitting ESC closes the sheet. But Export cannot be activated with the Keyboard; one must use the mouse.

If Export were the default button, hitting Return or Enter would "press" it.

(I'm using AD to build multilayer graphics; I typically have ten or so exports per graphic with different layers turned on and off. I've assigned Command+E to File > Export..., so once I've set the format and directory for my first export, I can do everything quickly through the keyboard, except for "pressing Export" in the Export sheet. Moving the mouse between the Layers palette and the Export slows down the process quite a bit.)

• 2 months later...

The Export sheet has two buttons, Cancel and Export. Cancel is already keyboard-enabled (or acts as if it is); hitting ESC closes the sheet. But Export cannot be activated with the Keyboard; one must use the mouse.

If Export were the default button, hitting Return or Enter would "press" it.

(I'm using AD to build multilayer graphics; I typically have ten or so exports per graphic with different layers turned on and off. I've assigned Command+E to File > Export..., so once I've set the format and directory for my first export, I can do everything quickly through the keyboard, except for "pressing Export" in the Export sheet. Moving the mouse between the Layers palette and the Export slows down the process quite a bit.)

I would like this too...you can speed up the process a bit by using tab to get to the export button instead of using the mouse and then hit spacebar to export. Subsequent exports will only require you to hit cmd+e and then space...

Sweet! Thank you, Andreas. 

I've never had recourse to use this since my most used software has this flexibility built in. One issue I can see with this method is conflicts with native app assignations. But Export has, so far, been the only glaring exclusion of a shortcut for my needs.