You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher Completely Unstable

Hi PotatoCarl,

does this happen with any document? Or just with new ones? Could you describe the exact way you take to get to the crash?

Here at my end I can work with APub for hours (even on complex documents) without any crash. Perhaps you use third party software that comes in the way of Publisher:  

And sometimes an outdated driver is to blame for the problems. Perhaps you might want to check.

Cheers,
Volker

Currently I am working with one. It is based on a flyer template I have used for other flyers with designer and there it worked well. It loads well and I can do bunch of other stuff with it - even using effects on layers. As soon as I click on the first layer, it crashes.

The file is rather large (80MB) and I'd rather not share it openly in the forum (1. it would be embarassing and 2. well it is a company file...).

I tried to copy it into designer - same problem.

Any ideas how to trace the problem? I could probably send it hidden, don't know how that works.

2 hours ago, PotatoCarl said:

I try to work with Publisher 1.7.1 however, it is practially impossible. As soon as I click on any layer it freezes completely. Reproducible. Also, after some manipulation of graphics, it freezes. I can save (as long as I do not touch the layers) the graphics, but immediately afterwards it freezes.

Are you aware that the latest build is 1.7.2.471? It resolved a lot of stability issues. Also make sure that the other Affinity apps are also updated to this release number.