Hi

I would like to back up my templates etc. of Affinity Software. What to I have to copy to make sure that I do not loose and template (e.g. raw templates) I made? And macros?

Thank you.

Hi PotatoCarl :)

The method of backing these up depends on the specific setting/preset you're trying to save.

Macros can be exported through the Library Studio, as shown in the following tutorial - https://affinity.serif.com/tutorials/photo/desktop/video/309301203

The Develop presets aren't directly 'exportable' - however you can manually backup and restore these presets through app data.

If you want to backup all of your apps settings at once,  including ones that cannot be exported, you could create a copy of the app data folder. 

Could you please confirm, are you using Windows or Mac please? Was the app purchased directly from the Affinity store, or from another source such as the Mac app store/Windows Store?

Hi

I am using Affinity on Windows Desktop and purchased it directly at Affinity (all of them). I will try backing up the app folders to see if I can do a disaster recovery.

Thank you

2 minutes ago, PotatoCarl said:

I will try backing up the app folders to see if I can do a disaster recovery. 

"App folders" is a bit vague (though you probably know what you meant :) ).

Specifically, %AppData%\Affinity should get what you need for all 3 applications and the betas (vs the folders where the applications are installed). But that's overkill, as it will also include CrashReports which are irrelevant for recovery, and temp which is probably irrelevant. It will also include AutoSave which may or may not be relevant to you. And Samples, which is probably irrelevant.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.502 Beta

Well, I typically sync my app-data folders (in the profile directory and program data) to a network drive just in case. So, I will check what I will need.

Thanks for the help.