You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher shuts down when I try to print

Tsokhim

Just bought 3 Affinity programs yesterday. First I was very happy with the functionality. But now this:

I created a little flyer with 3 embedded pictures very little text and a 3 row table. Every time when I try to print, the program break down, some seconds later I have a long Error Message on the screen. I tried the same with linked pictures, then after some minutes I get a message, that a access permission is needed. No matter if I give a general permission, folder permission or permission direct to the file, some minutes later the same message on my screen...
Because it's a really simple flyer I recreated it, and tried to print after every workstep:
1 embedded JPEG picture : printing ok.
2 embedded JPEG picture, changing the opacity: printing ok.
inserting short text: printing ok.
3 embedded pictures: printing ok.
inserting helplines (3 rows): printing problems begin.....

I work with an iMac Pro 2014 and MacOs 10.14.6

There is a known bug with printing when there are certain kinds of embedded images. There is a beta that addresses that issue that was made available about the same time you posted. Serif's recommendation regarding this beta is: "The beta is an incremental update to the 1.7.2 store version. We recommend that you use this beta in preference to your store version if you are affected by any of the issues listed below." If you are comfortable trying the beta, you can find it here:

Hmmm. My Publisher has started to crash on print command.

MAC Mojave 10.14.6 latest Apple updates installed a couple of days back and this is probably the first time asking Publisher to print in a good while. I will head over to the beta forum and pull down the file.

Yep the Beta did just fine. :)

Thanks

Rob

Edited by Rob B