• Staff

Purpose: Improvements, Fixes
Requirements: Purchased Affinity Publisher
Mac App Store: Not submitted
Download: Download
Auto-update: Not available

---

Hi,

We are pleased to announce that an updated customer beta of Affinity Publisher (1.7.3.475) is now available as a download from the link above.

If this is your first time using a customer beta of an Affinity app please note that the beta will install as a separate app alongside your store version. They will not interfere with each other at all and you can continue to use the store version for critical work without worry.

The beta is an incremental update to the 1.7.2 store version. We recommend that you use this beta in preference to your store version if you are affected by any of the issues listed below.

If you have any problems using this version please make a new topic in this forum and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Please feel free to leave general suggestions and comments in the Discussion Forum.

---

StudioLink

This beta requires corresponding 1.7.3 Beta versions of Designer and Photo for StudioLink to function. These are not currently available but should be released soon.

---

Fixes and Improvements

Text Handling

• Pasting text could replace unselected text under certain circumstances.
  • Text frames wrapping around other text frames only use z-order if both have wrap.
  • Fix for Text on a Path handle snapping / jumping.
  • (Win) Character page dropdowns not working when using select tool.

Print and Export

• (Mac) Fix for crash printing CMYK documents with Embedded RGB documents.
  • (Mac) PDF Export: Allow advanced features checkbox was missing.

General

• Fixed odd behaviour with transform panel adjusting size of sheared objects.
  • (Win) Fix for failures when installed to folder with a non-ANSI path.
  • Fixes for stability issues that have been logged with us.
  • Plus Translation and Help updates.

---

To be notified about all future macOS beta updates, please follow this notification thread

To be notified when this Publisher update comes out of beta and is fully released to all Publisher customers, please follow this thread

On 9/6/2019 at 9:34 AM, AdamW said:

(Mac) PDF Export: Allow advanced features checkbox was missing.

Thanks for adding! – When looking in the help what "advanced" are in particular, I found PDF/X-5 mentioned as possible export option:

1130370729_helpexportX-5.jpg.a8303e9d7a6acfc97c2bfb9c3239ae70.jpg  

The current export pdf version list ends with X-4, so I wonder whether is this X-5 an error of the help articleor a missing UI snippet, too?

55141103_hlpexportX-5b.jpg.bbe39cd88bfd7f866697eb0f82b0b78a.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Can I assume installing this would replace my existing Mac Beta 1.7.2.458 & would update items in ~/Library/Application Support/Affinity Publisher Beta without affecting anything I have edited/customized in that older beta like assets, shortcuts, presets, or the layout of the UI?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff
14 minutes ago, R C-R said:

Can I assume installing this would replace my existing Mac Beta 1.7.2.458 & would update items in ~/Library/Application Support/Affinity Publisher Beta without affecting anything I have edited/customized in that older beta like assets, shortcuts, presets, or the layout of the UI?

yes you can. If it does that would be unexpected and worth a new forum thread/report

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

19 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

If it does that would be unexpected and worth a new forum thread/report

Nothing I had edited/customized changed so no need for a new forum thread/report. :)

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7