You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Will you make a dreamweaver?

1 hour ago, kat said:

I'm praying you'll make a dreamweaver web page builder program. Currently I'm using Pinegrow with upload by DW cs 6.

Anybody got any suggestions until Affinity does it, let me know.

I love this forum!!!!!

I currently use Blumenthal's WebBuilder. It is not WYSIWIG, but it does have an effective Preview facility. It works well using a local Web Server (I use Abyss) or using the built-in FTP. I use it for PHP development.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

1 hour ago, kat said:

Anybody got any suggestions until Affinity does it, let me know.

BlueGriffon (http://bluegriffon.org) is another alternative to consider, depending on your level of expertise. 

https://bmb.photos | Focus: The unexpected, the abstract, the extreme on screen, paper, & other physical outputTools: macOS (Primary: Ventura, MBP2018), Canon (Primary: 5D3), iPhone (Primary: 14PM), Nikon Film Scanners, Epson Printers

1 hour ago, kat said:

Currently I'm using Pinegrow

Do you have a particular reason to consider abandoning it? Have you tried it with Atom?

https://atom.io/packages/pinegrow-atom

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I can't get questions answered on their forum and I never am able to keep up with the new version features. I remain a total novice. Plus I probably shouldn't have upgraded to Pinegrow Pro WP.

Anyway my current issue is that I selected a block from Foundation 6.5 library and saved file as paint.html in my mcgraphics.us/art project. Everytime close paint.html I get a popup saying “The theme doesn’t have the index page. Each WordPress theme needs the index.php template.” And “The theme doesn’t have Master page.” I’m forced to quit Pinegrow to close paint.html.
mcgraphics.us/art/paint.html seems to work.

Suggestions please?

The inegrow forum isn't the Affinity forum ; )

I am not a Pinegrow user (nice choice according to reviews and features list, btw), as I can code in HTML and CSS, and I prefer doing so, as well as manually handle the files in my hosting server. But it would seem to me that this Pinegrow software (it seems you are using their WP optimized version) allows you to apply a theme in WordPresss. It would seem to me that you have misplaced the theme folder, the index.php or index.html of it, or just messed some path (or it is missing in your configuration settings). This should be not a big issue at all. I mean, should be easy to fix in the sense of not being something fatal or hard to recover, neither time consuming. Probably requires touching some setting in your Pinegrow project or project preferences, and/or directly in your Wordpress account.

To reply here, you can just select a sentence and hit the "QUOTE selection" on-context button that will appear in place, or just hit the "quote" button at the end of each post, and in any case, is about writing in the text field area that is at the bottom of this whole page, and hit "submit reply".

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

Maybe the upload with Dreamweaver is leaving behind the theme file ? Can you upload directly from Pinegrow the whole project ?

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

Wish I could just undo the WP part of the file. 

Following your advice, I clicked a bunch of WP things on menus and eventually the page quite giving me the popup on close.

I uploaded with DW to https://mcgraphics.us/art

I'm guessing it had something to do with <!doctype html>
<html class="no-js" lang="en" wp-template wp-template-define-master-page>
    <head>

Seems to work.
I'm a pretty poor, web designer. So your patience and help is appreciated.