Karenq

Designer crashing while scaling buttons, and while saving file.

I have a 65 MB Designer file that has started crashing. I was scaling several buttons (created with one of the gold effects). It was made into a symbol, but I couldn't seem to change the symbol and have it affect all buttons across my file. So, I was scaling each button individually with the Transform tool. Upon scaling the 15th button or so, Designer crashed. Subsequently, starting over, it crashed again even sooner. After crashing several times and haveing to redo everything each time, I made just one change, then saved and it crashed.

How can I get my file to save, and not crash? Since it's a large file, I'd need to upload via Dropbox to have it checked.

Thanks for any help! Karen

Hi Karenq,

Your post seems to have become mixed up in another thread. I'm unable to open your file, I get the following error but I'm guessing this is possibly because of the problem you are experiencing saving the file. Do you have any versions which open in AD prior to crashing on save, if so are you able to attach?

fail.jpg.a9c58d147f4257c484f24f29f8fc0be3.jpg

Affinity Photo 1.7.2, Affinity Designer 1.7.2, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2

MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Mojave 10.14.6

Hi Karen,

I'm getting the same error with that file I'm afraid and am unable to open it. The Affinity guys can provide you with a Dropbox link to upload the file and they can hopefully look into it more than I can.

Affinity Photo 1.7.2, Affinity Designer 1.7.2, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2

MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Mojave 10.14.6