You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Losing progress after saving artwork

Eagen

Hi,

I created a file on Affinity Designer for iPad on 3rd September, and I made some editing yesterday on Mac version.

Then I imported the file from my iCloud back to Affinity Designer for iPad yesterday and made some more editing.

This morning, I open the file again on the iPad, and I can still see those changes.

Then I backed to the file list and chose "Save" from the right bottom corner from the file, and it suddenly reversed to the version before the editing on my Mac. What's happening here with the Save function?

Best,

Eagen

• Staff

Hi Eagen,

Would you be able to give some more detailed information on how you were moving the file between the two devices so I can attempt to replicate this? 

After creating on iPad did you use the Save option on the home screen to save it to your iCloud Drive?

After creating and saving did you close the file or leave it open on the home screen? 

Did you open it using the iCloud Drive on the Mac, make your edits and then close the file down

When reopening it on iPad did you use 'Open from Cloud' or 'Import from Cloud'

Are you able to replicate it with a new test file, and if so could you do a screen recording on the iPad that demonstrates what you were doing?

Thanks!