You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher: Tables flowing between pages

• Staff

Hi Dan Cross :)

I'm sorry, I'm a little confused by your wording here. Are you copy and pasting table data from another app, then pasting this into a table in Publisher that you want to auto-flow to the next page? Or are you copy and pasting data all within Publisher?

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

is there any news on this ? I also have long tables that I would like to have flow between pages (they're too long for a single page). As soon as I reached the end of the page it was on, and pasted in some more text from my source document, the table disappeared. It's still there... but invisible and sort of locked, as if it were part of the master page, but it's not :it's been pasted inline in the text frame from of the master page.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/19/2021 at 1:37 PM, Hadriscus said:

Hi all,

is there any news on this ? I also have long tables that I would like to have flow between pages (they're too long for a single page). As soon as I reached the end of the page it was on, and pasted in some more text from my source document, the table disappeared. It's still there... but invisible and sort of locked, as if it were part of the master page, but it's not :it's been pasted inline in the text frame from of the master page.

I'm also very interested

Salutations.

• 1 month later...

Is this really not possible?!

I've just been attempting to paste a load of tabbed text into a long table and it feels like I'm using something from the 1990s!

First I discovered my tabs would only be read if I converted a plain text file into a rich text file. Irritating but no big deal.

Next I find there's no apparent way to have a table overflow from one frame to another meaning that I'm now having to copy and paste in small chunks of text into multiple tables one at a time!

• 7 months later...

This is funny. I have attempted a load of time to leave Adobe for Affinity and each time I try I immediately run into this type of hurdle. I understand the software is young and does not have the age Adobe does but this one feels like a should have. Learning on the fly while working on client work is had enough. I might be condition to Adobe but there feels like an odd logic to the workflow in the software.