You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Exorcising my Demons with Designer

Hokusai

It has been a while since I've shared anything here on the forums but I haven't been slacking. I've been enjoying playing around with Publisher and I've been using Designer as much as I can. I've also been busy toiling away on a bunch of projects and I thought I would share one with you that I've been working on for close to a year now. I have been working on it in my spare time before and after work to help relieve stress but it took much longer than I had expected. I completed most of it with my old iMac (a 2009 with only 4 gigabytes of RAM) but the last quarter of it I did with a Mac that was much more powerful and it was so much faster (still an old Mac but with more RAM and a better processor)! To me, seeing that people can create complex drawings using old hardware is a testament to how well Designer is made. My compliments to MattP and everyone on the Designer Team at Serif for all of your hard work. I'm looking forward to Designer version 2.0 to see what other wonderful tools you will give us to use.  

My version is roughly based on an old European print from 1480 or so (the original title I believe is The Tempting of St. Anthony). Everything was done using Affinity Designer on a Mac running Mojave and everything is vector. I used several versions of Designer but I think mostly 1.7.1 and 1.7.2. If you like this drawing, check out my other drawings of Don Quixote and The Four Horsemen. Thanks for taking the time to view my work and I hope that you enjoy it. 

Hokusai

Demons_Blue.jpg

Screenshot_01.jpg

ScreenShot_02.jpg

• Staff

I was wondering where you have been all this time... I envy your commitment/dedication to projects like this... It's not just the sheer amount of work and attention to detail required but the ability to keep focused on it from beginning to end. Thanks for sharing with us Hokusai. It's always a pleasure look at your fantastic work.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Yes MEB I'm still around! I've been reading the forums often but I haven't commented all that much for a while because things have been rather busy with my work and "other" life but I did keep up with the Publisher beta and then its release and I have been using Designer daily (along with Photo too).