You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

This is so frustrating I am going to have to knock off for today. Although I am new to AP, I have a pretty good handle on what is “intuitive” and what is not. I had hoped to have my current book out this month. But at the rate I’m going, it maybe next year.

1. How can I get back to my newbie’s topic and confine my ignorance to a smaller space? I had a comment to make about my previous post but could not get back to it. Thus, I had to start a new topic.

Although I haven’t figured out how to keep my pages still, I did get the drop shadow feature to work as I wanted and was able to move the graphic wherever I wanted—on or off the page. But one page later, I’m having even worse problems.

2. One graphic, attached, shows an E-3 Striker badge placed where I wanted it on the next page. But there is too much of a gap between it and the text below. However, when I grab the text tool—or even drop my cursor on the page—the program takes it upon itself to move the graphic back to the upper left ... REPEATEDLY.

At some point—I haven’t a clue how—the mouse was able to move the graphic. Even so, grabbing ANY other tool sent the graphic back to the upper left of the page.

Cheers,

WJC

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 2.20.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 2.20.38 PM.png

36 minutes ago, WJC said:

1. How can I get back to my newbie’s topic and confine my ignorance to a smaller space? I had a comment to make about my previous post but could not get back to it. Thus, I had to start a new topic.

hi! you should be able to click on your profile & get to your topic there in your activity. Or search for it.

Sorry, I can't help with your other questions.

profile.PNG

@WJC Maybe you could post the whole Publisher document here or at least the page in question. To me it sounds as if the image is pinned to the text. But this is just an assumption, as we can not see what happens e.g. in the Layer panel.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

I THINK I have figured it out on my own. This was an Internet screen capture and I think it brought with it undesirable artifacts. I have replaced it with slightly less desirable images. But I need to move along. 

Affinity #4

Through the advice of others and my own experimentation, I have conquered most of the queries I’ve had so far. Thank you; thank you; thank you. And while I still haven’t figured out how to keep the spread work on from jumping all over the place—with the TOUCH of the mouse—I am now reporting on what I believe to be a BUG.

Attached are 3 screenshots captured last evening. In one, you can see my screen has gone totally BLACK. This is after having it FLICKER in about ¼—second increments for some time.

Another shows the text from the right page of the spread has been duplicated and placed OUTSIDE the page boundaries.

Finally, there’s a shot of one of my pages with at least 5 EMPTY WHITE boxes just to the right. It is almost impossible to work with this kind of distraction going on.

1. Is this happening with anyone else? [I’m using a late model 27-inch iMac.]

2. Is this a BUG in the program?

3. Does anyone have a suggestion concerning how to eliminate the problem?

Cheers,

Bill

Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 9.46.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 5.36.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 10.22.36 AM.png

6 hours ago, WJC said:

And while I still haven’t figured out how to keep the spread work on from jumping all over the place—with the TOUCH of the mouse—I am now reporting on what I believe to be a BUG.

By any chance are you using an Apple "Magic Mouse" with a touch surface? If you are, then that explains it: unless you are extremely careful not to slide your finger in any direction when it is touching the surface, you will trigger the scrolling feature built into the Affinity (among other) apps.

Personally, I think there is no worse choice than one of these "magic" Apple rodents for graphics work, precisely for this reason. Do yourself a favor & try out a cheap Logitech or similar mouse with a scroll wheel. I think you will see why for this kind of app Apple's "magic" is all black.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7