Dear Affinty-Team

How can I perform a soft proof on my calibrated monitor? About all pages in the document?

With the current softproof function, this only applies to the current page. Not suitable for the control of several pages. Please insert the soft proof as a menu item that will help us to check all pages.

Additionally, please also integrate the CMYK or spot color separation as a preview. As in Affinity Photo, we can hide the channels (eye icon), such as black, and check them before exporting to PDF/X for the print shop or large printing.

These two functions help us a lot in the team. It helps to produce not wrong print data. Please do not wait for it.

Thanks

As a workaround you could create an empty master page, put your Soft Proof Adjustment there, and apply the master page to your document pages without replacing existing masters. Then you would have to reorganise the layers stack of your layout pages to make the adjustment effective (the respective master page entry must be on top of the stack). Yes, it’s a bit cumbersome. :(

That's what I was in the process of suggesting, too, @A_B_C.

I have a vague memory of someone explaining a trick to move the Master Layer to the top of the stack on all pages with one operation. But I can't figure it out again, and maybe it's a false memory.

In any case, reorganizing the layer stack is simple (except you need to do it on each page, or at least each page you need to soft-proof): On the document page, select the Master Page layer, and Layer > Arrange > Move to Front (default shortcut: Cmd (Mac) or Ctrl (Windows) + Shift + ]

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.356), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.499 Beta

This is a feedback thread. No support thread... ;)

Anyway... The proposed workaround is not optimal. If you, like me, I create more designs and documents on a day. A button or a menu entry with a shortcut to turn on / off would be a huge help.
I had already communicated this to the developer many months ago in Affinity Photo, then in Designer. Now also in Publisher. Hope this problem gets the attention of the developers.

Nevertheless, thank you both for the ideas :) thumbs up ;)

EDIT: My Workaround  is export to PDF/X and soft proof in Acrobat Pro. But, whenever I have corrected something, the PDF has to be re-exported. It is not optimal, but it works fine with several pages.

Sorry for my push...

But 1.7.3 has been released this monday. This feature described here probably had no place in this release. Where can I see that this has been forwarded to the dev team?

At the moment I am hesitating to give the publisher the purchase recommendation. On the one hand because of this important function, on the other hand how it communicates. For private use, the software is great, as you like to take a small missing features in purchase. But for daily use, publisher needs a lot of time to replace adobe or others.

The basis for private or temporary designers is now given. I think the pros must now be emphasized in the development. Please put a focus on the monitor proof function and implement it decently.

Thanks a lot and i hope you can do this as soon as possible.

Greetings

PS: Minimum 10 and later manny more purchase licenses you can have, is profile proof over all sites available. I think not bad for one company with the option of more.

12 minutes ago, dkaiser said:

But 1.7.3 has been released this monday. This feature described here probably had no place in this release. Where can I see that this has been forwarded to the dev team?

You cannot see that.

Serif have told us that the developers look at the Feedback forum and use the topics there in their planning, but that planning process is secret, with no comment usually by Serif on the topics in the Feedback forum and usually no definite statement about what they are planning for future releases.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.356), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.499 Beta